Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WIT Christmas Exams - Now Before Christmas!

• 15-07-2008 4:12pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Reports have been in circulation again this year that WIT are changing the academic calendar to have the exams before Christmas instead of after. I dismissed it, thinking it was just a repeat of the usual rumour that appears every year. Plus, its the first I heard about it. Until today.
    Semester 1: September 1st 2008
    Commencement of academic year Mon 1st September 2008
    Registration Wed 3rd & Thur 4th September 2008
    Induction for first year students Fri 5th September 2008
    First day of lectures in semester 1(all students) Tue 9th September 2008
    Mid term break Mon 27th October to Fri 31st October 2008
    Last day of lectures in semester 1 Fri 5th December 2008
    Study week Mon 8th to Fri 12th December 2008
    Assessment/Exam period Sat 13th December to Tues 23rd December 2008 incl

Source: here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Sully wrote: »
    Reports have been in circulation again this year that WIT are changing the academic calendar to have the exams before Christmas instead of after. I dismissed it, thinking it was just a repeat of the usual rumour that appears every year. Plus, its the first I heard about it. Until today.

Source: here

told ya:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

actually i told him :P

ec18 wrote: »
    actually i told him :P

actually twas me, and it was dismissed as idiocy straight away, but alas class shines through, neways not the point..

is this good or bad?

It's a great thing my after christmas holiday just got extended :D

and it was me i showed him this years academic calendar, and you'd had a couple of bottle of wkd before you decided to announce this :P

It's a great thing my after christmas holiday just got extended :D

and it was me i showed him this years academic calendar, and you'd had a couple of bottle of wkd before you decided to announce this :P

oh small writing you must be serious, but my conversation took place over breakfast when you were acting all cool in the corner :D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You are all wrong. The timetable told me. :D

Now, get back to topic before I go jackie chan on ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Knew this would happen eventually. I suppose it's better this way!

EDIT: Just looked at Sully's link! WTF? They're bringing us back for lectures on the 12th? So we get just over 2 weeks holidays? We may as well be back in school!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wouldnt supprise me if a flood of complaints came in when we returned in September.

Minto wrote: »
    Knew this would happen eventually. I suppose it's better this way!

EDIT: Just looked at Sully's link! WTF? They're bringing us back for lectures on the 12th? So we get just over 2 weeks holidays? We may as well be back in school!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

* regains composure:cool:

gotta love work expeience!:)

stick-dan wrote: »

yeah gotta love getting up every morning and being in that same place all day....and you can't even skip it because its a nice day.. . yeah gotta love work experience :P and only ten days holidays during the summer. Yes Work experience is great. And some employers want you to start asap. so you could end up with no real Christmas holidays :P

Well done there dan!

• Advertisement

Got work experience myself in January so it doesn't really effect me, I just think the college are being assholes cutting the xmas holidays!

yeah gotta love getting up every morning and being in that same place all day....and you can't even skip it because its a nice day.. . yeah gotta love work experience :P and only ten days holidays during the summer. Yes Work experience is great. And some employers want you to start asap. so you could end up with no real Christmas holidays :P

Well done there dan!

Thats true, but ya don't get paid for going to college, do ya? **Assuming Dan does get paid for work experience.

Depends on the job. At least in college you can walk out if it gets boring :p

Yeah but since i'm on work experience now I can say that I'd much rather have been in college

Yeah but since i'm on work experience now I can say that I'd much rather have been in college

everyone to his own as they say.

everyone to his own as they say.

Judging by how you're second semester went last year :P you'll miss college as well:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fastman

Exams before christmas!!? Wahay I might actually be sober for the first one this year. Instead of an exam straight after new years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tony71187

Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Same here,
    Work experience is crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Grant Stevens

Have to say that at first, hearing the news of about the exams being pushed forward to before xmas was worrying as I had a NY trip booked for that week (Just like every year) so I thought I could pretty much bank on the exams being conducted post xmas.

However, upon viewing the academic calender some weeks ago, and having changed the trip itinerary, I have to say that I'm absolutely thrilled they made this change. It makes absolute sense to get Sem1 exams out of the way before xmas, I wonder will the grades be higher across the board?!!

Christmas will be hectic this year ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement