Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East End Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

I live in Castlegate and while I've noticed the noise from the club when I'm walking into the front of the estate, I don't notice it at my house (which is not that far from it!)

I actually like the food there :o (though I'd tend to get things like lasagne + chips, burger + chips etc because I hate hate hate "carvery" type dinners).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

DéiseGirl wrote: »
    I live in Castlegate and while I've noticed the noise from the club when I'm walking into the front of the estate, I don't notice it at my house (which is not that far from it!)

I actually like the food there :o (though I'd tend to get things like lasagne + chips, burger + chips etc because I hate hate hate "carvery" type dinners).

How how how can you hate hate hate carvery dinners?? They are AWESOME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

well if ye eat them in the east end might turn you off for life once bitten twice shy n all that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Steve_o wrote: »
    How how how can you hate hate hate carvery dinners?? They are AWESOME!!!

Very easily!!!!

Urgh, even the thought of them is making me a bit queasy now so I need to step away from this thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

sorry guys, last number of posts aren't suited to this particular thread; deleted as wayy off topic to the OP

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    sorry guys, last number of posts aren't suited to this particular thread; deleted as wayy off topic to the OP

*Bows to the Mod*...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

*Bows to the Mod*...

lick arse!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I dont mind the way most threads go OT here or whatever but if it's a legit concern to the OP I'd like to keep it clean-ish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

ok boss. :) apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Ruby-J wrote: »
    lick arse!!! :rolleyes:
    Ruby-J wrote: »
    ok boss. :) apologies.

POT KETTLE BLACK!!!!;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Gareth28

Hi all... im back....

My methods of causing controversy has out done itself. It may have been non PC to post a letter of my complaint but it certainly got a discussion going,hence the point of the site. I do understand its a privately owned site but i have only spoken facts in my letter of complaint, i have not made anything up! As i said it was just a start up for discussion and to see if anyone less was going through the same.

I have noticed a lot of negativity/bitchiness to my thread, why?
    Whatever about the Mods knocking me, why would people not come back with positive responses instead of PC negative responses. I have gone down everyone avenue and i thought it would be a good discussion to bring up. Maybe that's another thread i should start!

Ive spoke to other residents of my estate, the one's nearest to the hotel, so anyone in castlegate over the OTHER side of the estate, will not experience what im/other residents experiencing.

I have spoken to residents from around the town and they have made complaints a few years back and met up with the owner who insured the nightclub would be sound proofed.

Id like to state that i said " 2-3 am" and not specifically "3 am" that the night club is playing this music, I'm sure the hotel is managing the nightclub within its licensing laws but either way the point is missed, i couldn't care less when the nightclub closes, whether it is an half an hour or an hour over its licensing time, my issue is the NOISE.

The hotel may have been playing music like these for years, but i know for a fact that there has been an issue with it for years, from the people who are experiencing the problem, that would be the residents nearest the hotel!

I'd like to thank everyone who responded in a positive manner and not the people who tried to run every thing i said down. I don't have to like or agree with what people say to me and vice versa, people don't have to agree what im saying, hence the beauty of democracy, and WE should be able speak freely and factually about an issue WE have. IF i was just making stories up about the hotel, slap my knuckles, but if i have a genuine problem, which i do, then you would expect that people would understand, some did, some didn't. Some gave good advice, some didn't.

Anyway, Thank you all again,

G.

The link i posted says that you have a right to take this to court, why don't you?? If it bothers you that much and you've spent alot of money on your house etc. then go for it i say!, worst case scenario is nothing changes but at least you've tried!

Well Stevo,

I was thinking ill wait for the Laois county council response first then ill take it from there, ill have a good idea if i have a case then. They could come back and say well there is no issue, which i doubt, but they will help build up my case if indeed it does go to court.

Gareth28 wrote: »
    Well Stevo,

I was thinking ill wait for the Laois county council response first then ill take it from there, ill have a good idea if i have a case then. They could come back and say well there is no issue, which i doubt, but they will help build up my case if indeed it does go to court.

Good stuff, just don't be disappointed if your case fails, you wouldn't be the first person to take the hotel to court and as far as I know I don't think anyone has won their case yet...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I think you may find laois co co will wash their hands of this. especially if it gets legal.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I think you may find laois co co will wash their hands of this. especially if it gets legal.

True this could happen as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Silent Rain

Gareth just to point out in reference to the sound proofing whiich is mentioned in your post. The "club" itself might be well insulated, but I think most of the noise you would hear where you are would be from the fire exit doors at the rear. These are left open so that people can gain access to the smoking area (the garden behind the hotel). I believe that even if they agreed to keep these doors closed (possible alarm them) this might reduce the noise levels. (They could exit the main door and use stamps etc. and think there's a gate to the garden at the side, or at least there used to be). Wont make the noise disappear, but would definitely cut it down.

Silent Rain, absolutely correct... this is whats causing the problem... my aim is to reduce the noise level, to any decibel would be nice... bit of common sense and compromise can easily resolve this issue without going to court.

There's no point saying to the residents that he(owner)previously met, and saying yep ill sound proof the night club to reduce the noise THEN opening the exit doors at the back, that defeats the purpose of SOUNDPROOFING and actually makes it worse.

There has to be some solution. Maybe the one you pointed out below.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Silent Rain, absolutely correct... this is whats causing the problem... my aim is to reduce the noise level, to any decibel would be nice... bit of common sense and compromise can easily resolve this issue without going to court.

There's no point saying to the residents that he(owner)previously met, and saying yep ill sound proof the night club to reduce the noise THEN opening the exit doors at the back, that defeats the purpose of SOUNDPROOFING and actually makes it worse.

Is your area within a neighborhood watch group? I still think this would be a good way to go.

Although it might sound like it I promise I don't work for neighbourhood watch :p

genie_us

Its relatively new estate... so its still in its youth.. as far as im aware there's none, not even a resident association yet either... that's another things Ive to work on!

• Advertisement

The problem is, they need a smoking area and people can't go out the front because it would cause all sorts of havoc for the security for a few reasons:

1. People would be using the "i'm just out for a fag, i've already paid in" excuse to try and gain access for free.

and

2. Alot of the "clientelle" of the hotel aren't the nicest of folks, so rowdiness could/would occur on the streets, therefore the gards would have to get involved, and lets face it, the Gards would not permit the hotel to have their smoking area on the street.

Therefore they really have no choice but to have the smoking area out the back, also the soundproofing you were refering to earlier is for the benefit of the people who are staying in the rooms upstairs moreso than the local residents AFAIK but that leads back to the problem at hand, the soundproofing is pointless with the doors open. Its a tricky situation tbh.

Sniper out the back popping everyone's head off when they come out?

Sound proof the smoking area? build and extension on out the back....

Sniper out the back popping everyone's head off when they come out?

Sound proof the smoking area? build and extension on out the back....

Hmmm +1 for the snipper!

They'll never build an extension, there is a little roofy thing beside the door but thats kinda sh*te! Also the smoking area is a garden so it can't really be sound proofed:p... tbh, the hotel will not do anything about it unless ordered to by the courts but that most likely wont happen imo.

Hmmm +1 for the snipper!

They'll never build an extension, there is a little roofy thing beside the door but thats kinda sh*te! Also the smoking area is a garden so it can't really be sound proofed:p... tbh, the hotel will not do anything about it unless ordered to by the courts but that most likely wont happen imo.

If you get a big enough support group then they'll have to do something, it's just a matter of annoying someone enough to get anything done

genie_us wrote: »
    If you get a big enough support group then they'll have to do something, it's just a matter of annoying someone enough to get anything done

Or them barring you from the premises for said annoyance, lowering the tone (if it can go any lower) of the place and all that!

Or them barring you from the premises for said annoyance, lowering the tone (if it can go any lower) of the place and all that!

well by annoying them I didn't mean throw eggs at them and stuff

although that could be a fun thing to try if nothing else works :p

I was thinking more along the lines of continuous complaints and letters etc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Eh no they won't! A little association from a non-established estate in the town isn't going to be listened to!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Eh no they won't! A little association from a non-established estate in the town isn't going to be listened to!

I disagree. And how would you know unless you tried it?

Well Stevo,

What have the county council got to do with it?! What are you expecting them to do?!

Licenses are issued by the courts...so take it!

And don't be so childish thanking people who basically agreed with your views and criticising those who didn't agree with you!

• Advertisement

I disagree. And how would you know unless you tried it?
    Cause stuff like has been suggested here has been tried before and never work! Do you really think the people of Castlegate are the only one's to hear it?! They're not even the closest! The residents of Orchard Drive are right on top of it, and I think if they're able to get by with it others should be.

Advertisement