Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East End Hotel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Gareth28

Kmart

1. I can thank who i want. Your definitely not one.

2. The Laois county council have everything to do with it.
    I have already reported the problem to the relevant department and the matter is being investigated. If it had nothing to do with the council they would NOT be investigating the matter.

3. I disagree with your view that non established estates don't have a say.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

kmart6 wrote: »
    What have the county council got to do with it?! What are you expecting them to do?!

Licenses are issued by the courts...so take it!

And don't be so childish thanking people who basically agreed with your views and criticising those who didn't agree with you!

are you joking?
    take a wild guess what he might want them to do about it? :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to start an argument here but I really cannot understand why people keep taking digs at the OP, if you don't agree or like this thread then why bother posting in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Gareth28 wrote: »
    1. I can thank who i want. Your definitely not one.

Oh god...I'm devastated:rolleyes:
    2. The Laois county council have everything to do with it.
    I have already reported to problem to the relevant department and the matter is being investigated. If it had nothing to do with the council they would NOT be investigating the matter.

And have you seen/been given any proof that they are investigating.
    3. I disagree with your view that non established estates don't have a say.

My view on that is if a cluster of houses directly behind the hotel couldn't get anything done about it I don't think a new estate further away will!

Cause stuff like has been suggested here has been tried before and never work! Do you really think the people of Castlegate are the only one's to hear it?! They're not even the closest! The residents of Orchard Drive are right on top of it, and I think if they're able to get by with it others should be.

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

I have personally seen loads of examples of local issues getting sorted out through lobby groups and the like.

Kmart,

1. Here's a tissue.

2. Yes i have.

3. The houses did have great success in getting the nightclub "supposedly" soundproofed but now the doors have opened up behind the back of the hotel to allow for the smokers, has caused this problem to rise its ugly head again.

• Advertisement

genie_us wrote: »
    are you joking?
    take a wild guess what he might want them to do about it? :rolleyes:

No I'm not, the council don't have the authority to effect the hotel. The are issued with a licence that there is criteria that they have to meet...if the criteria is met they get their licence and are alowed to operate...which the obviously they did met. Part of that would be noise levels due to the area it's in.

It's a very reasonable question to ask to know what he wants the county council to do!
    I'm not trying to start an argument here but I really cannot understand why people keep taking digs at the OP

Taking digs at the OP.....wanna elaborate on that one?!
    if you don't agree or like this thread then why bother posting in it?

Because boards is about people giving their opinions on matters, it's not to only posting to agree with whatever the OP wants, would be pointless if that was the case!

Taking digs at the OP.....wanna elaborate on that one?!

Sure, you called him childish for thanking people.

Now if you don't mind I'd rather get back on topic.

Yes i have.

And what is it?!
    the doors have opened up behind the back of the hotel to allow for the smokers, has caused this problem to rise its ugly head again.

Those doors have been getting opened for years at this stage, it's not a new problem. So it must not be affecting them too much.

I think it was Steve who said how the Guards won't allow for a smoking area outside on the street due to the people who generally go to the hotel they would need a car monitoring it all night!

Sure, you called him childish for thanking people.

Now if you don't mind I'd rather get back on topic.
    That was an out and out point I made, not a dig!

You dragged it off topic, so in future just don't do that if you wanna stay on topic!
    genie_us wrote:
    I have personally seen loads of examples of local issues getting sorted out through lobby groups and the like.

So you've seen the issue of the Hotel being sorted by these groups?!

Kmart,

1. It's proof that the matter is being investigated.
    A letter from the council to the hotel.
    hhhmmm..... guess the council do have some involvement after all.

2. Your presuming the residents don't have a problem with this matter and are doing nothing about it, for all you know they could have a court case against the hotel.

3. Everyone is in agreement you cant have the gardai patrolling the area every Friday and Saturday night.

• Advertisement

That was an out and out point I made, not a dig!

You dragged it off topic, so in future just don't do that if you wanna stay on topic!

You're so right.
    So you've seen the issue of the Hotel being sorted by these groups?!

No, I said I saw examples of local issues being resolved.

Anyway, Gareth, I think you're right about the smoking thing with the back doors, I remember going in to the hotel years ago and those doors were never allowed to be kept open, the bouncers used to be over like a shot if anyone opened them or went out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Anyway, Gareth, I think you're right about the smoking thing with the back doors, I remember going in to the hotel years ago and those doors were never allowed to be kept open, the bouncers used to be over like a shot if anyone opened them or went out the back.

Was that before or after the smoking ban??

It's proof that the matter is being investigated.
    A letter from the council to the hotel.
    hhhmmm..... guess the council do have some involvement after all.

Think the contents of that letter would help people know what they are doing about it!
    Your presuming the residents don't have a problem with this matter and are doing nothing about it, for all you know they could have a court case against the hotel.

Well I know two families in Orchard Drive that definately don't have a severe problem with it! And if the was an on going court case everybody in the town would know, it is a small place....also I doubt the Hotel would be able to stay open with the legal costs of a court case!
    genie_us wrote:
    No, I said I saw examples of local issues being resolved.

But shur I never said these groups don't work, I never said anything about other issues or anything, so I dont know where you got that point from!

Well I can remember those doors being opened for the last 4/5 years!

Steve_o wrote: »
    I'd say it would have to be before, cause ever since that came in those doors have always been open, so that's nearly 4 and a half years!

definitely before steve_o. I remember getting in trouble for it myself :D

definitely before steve_o. I remember getting in trouble for it myself :D

But it makes sense that they didn't open the doors then, there was no reason for people to be outside, the smoking ban changed that! On a differnent but related note, are there any users here who live beside or within earshot of the Rugby Club?? Same problem??

Kmart,

1. If this problem is directly affecting you, as it is with others, i will personally drop the letter around to your door! and you can hop on board my bandwagon and support me instead of going against me all the time.

2. They had a severe problem with it a few years ago when they got with there local TD and met the owner to discuss the problem, so if logical prevails, they would still have an issue over it, but just became weary of the major task it is, to get the issue resolved. Now, i obviously dont know if the 2 families you mention were involved in the first meeting they had, if there weren't, well they are obviously not affected by the noise as to the one's nearer the hotel, or they are just deaf!

But it makes sense that they didn't open the doors then, there was no reason for people to be outside, the smoking ban changed that!

oops sorry, what I meant was that the noise became a problem again after the ban, I thought that's what the OP meant. Sorry might have said that wrong :)

oops sorry, what I meant was that the noise became a problem again after the ban, I thought that's what the OP meant. Sorry might have said that wrong :)

Gotcha!!;)

Gotcha!!;)

dammit anyways :P

• Advertisement

Gareth,
    Say you take it too court and lose, will you have to cover all the costs yourself?? Fair play too you for risking it, I wouldn't I must say! Having the noise still there and being out of pocket would be a pretty sh*tty ending to the summer!

Stevo

Yeah... it would be crap wouldnt it. But unfortunately theres always a winner and a loser.

If it got that far and id have to weigh up the pro's and con's and ensure i had a solid case.

As i said, im waiting for the council to come back to me with their findings then ill take it from there.

I'd love to know how they have got away with it for so long.
    Its obvious residents around the hotel do have a problem with the noise level but yet it gets a license renewed every time.

On a differnent but related note, are there any users here who live beside or within earshot of the Rugby Club?? Same problem??

Oh that's a totally different kettle of fish....was war over that before...you should ask dad if you really want to know more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Dont know about the noise but with all the trouble that goes on it that place what i would like to know is how they have stayed open. How have they been able to keep their licence. If its not 12 yr old getting served, its worst. dont really want to say to much on a puplic board.

Stevo

Yeah... it would be crap wouldnt it. But unfortunately theres always a winner and a loser.

If it got that far and id have to weigh up the pro's and con's and ensure i had a solid case.

As i said, im waiting for the council to come back to me with their findings then ill take it from there.

I'd love to know how they have got away with it for so long.
    Its obvious residents around the hotel do have a problem with the noise level but yet it gets a license renewed every time.

They get the licence renewed because down through the years, very few people have gotten anywhere with complaints, i think the last time was when the sound proofing had to be provided, hence compliance and granting of licence...
    Oh that's a totally different kettle of fish....was war over that before...you should ask dad if you really want to know more!

*puts lid slowely back on box*

I'll leave that one alone so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Well.. it's under new managment now apparently..

Never heard of it til today, should i go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 happiness26

Hi Guys, new to the board, and an ex-employee of the above named "establishment".....unfortunately there was new management, and it took him all of 4 mths to run the place into the ground...i take on board all the complaints but to be honest it can and could be a very viable business if run properly the doors are now closed indefinately until the new boss "gets his head together"......so it looks like those complaining of sound are happy out.......

what a waste of a building, with some finance behind it and a good manager, it could be a goldmine.........:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Hi Guys, new to the board, and an ex-employee of the above named "establishment".....unfortunately there was new management, and it took him all of 4 mths to run the place into the ground...i take on board all the complaints but to be honest it can and could be a very viable business if run properly the doors are now closed indefinately until the new boss "gets his head together"......so it looks like those complaining of sound are happy out.......

what a waste of a building, with some finance behind it and a good manager, it could be a goldmine.........:confused:

Or to be honest when the late licence is granted........;)

As elvis said nothing to do with the ne manager....they aren't been given a new licence!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Its a dump anyway,i've been to better school disco's.

Advertisement