Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East End Hotel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Its a dump anyway,i've been to better school disco's.

I've never done it...........................................;)

Well it's open again I see, sign about the night club being open or something when I was on my way to work tonight. School disco there Tuesday evening, it might suit some cough cough !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Keela

God, it's such a pity the place got a bad name as I can assure you that the tables have turned.

So much so that I have actually booked my wedding reception there. It's under new management and the money that has been pumped into the place on new decor !!! The place looks fab...

The food, atomosphere, service and the crack is just mighthy

This thread is by no means associated with advertising, nor am I related to management or staff, its just that sometimes people can be very quick to tarnish a name, and sometimes rightly so, but in this case, I have something positive to say and feel I should be allowed voice my opinion on this matter considering the bad name that the place got and the great effort that is now being made to get the place up and running again. I for one am delighted the place is doin so well and Im not alone in the good comments that are being expressed. Fair play to the new lease holders and fair play to the staff, it's truly a credit to them.

Maybe if a few more people could visit and see for themselves, then you wil know I speak the truth.

Dont just say 'oh, give a dog a bad name', or 'that place will never do well'. It is doing well and should be supported.

Well done to all involved ..... I can't praise you enough, especially when you know what your up against with bad comments etc, but your grabbing the bull by the horns and it's paying off... Well done again.. And the night club 'scarlets', I paid that a visit last sat nite, had a great night....

Keela wrote: »
    God, it's such a pity the place got a bad name as I can assure you that the tables have turned.

So much so that I have actually booked my wedding reception there. It's under new management and the money that has been pumped into the place on new decor !!! The place looks fab...

The food, atomosphere, service and the crack is just mighthy

This thread is by no means associated with advertising, nor am I related to management or staff, its just that sometimes people can be very quick to tarnish a name, and sometimes rightly so, but in this case, I have something positive to say and feel I should be allowed voice my opinion on this matter considering the bad name that the place got and the great effort that is now being made to get the place up and running again. I for one am delighted the place is doin so well and Im not alone in the good comments that are being expressed. Fair play to the new lease holders and fair play to the staff, it's truly a credit to them.

Maybe if a few more people could visit and see for themselves, then you wil know I speak the truth.

Dont just say 'oh, give a dog a bad name', or 'that place will never do well'. It is doing well and should be supported.

Well done to all involved ..... I can't praise you enough, especially when you know what your up against with bad comments etc, but your grabbing the bull by the horns and it's paying off... Well done again.. And the night club 'scarlets', I paid that a visit last sat nite, had a great night....

Wow another 1st time poster "talking up" this place. How bloody slow do these people think we are:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Tell me about it.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've been away from the thread for a while, whats the crack? have things improved?

Wedding reception, lots of money spent on decor, scarlets great fun????

If its true, great, if not the poor Brides in for an interesting day?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I've been away from the thread for a while, whats the crack? have things improved?

Wedding reception, lots of money spent on decor, scarlets great fun????

If its true, great, if not the poor Brides in for an interesting day?

You actually believe all that from someone who states all that in their 1st post ?

You actually believe all that from someone who states all that in their 1st post ?

LOL, WHAT DO YOU THINK?, she reminds me of employee's who write nice things about hotels on the ridiculous tripadvisor.

Just curious however, whats happening in this abode? do they actually do weddings?

Or to be honest when the late licence is granted........;)

It is actually under new management. I know it was run into the ground by the prev guy but this time there are 2 very 'with it' gents running the establishment and it is being run right this time. Well worth a visit. When I first heard of the new goings on I thought 'oh ye, here we go again' , but I'll tel u one thing, I was pleasently surprised !

Believe what you like, but Im not an employee of the East End Hotel's by any means.

Do you find it hard to accept that someone can actually have positive comments to write when they see good being done, as oppose to people who are very very quick to comment when things are not up to scratch.

The world has many people very quick off the mark with negitave comments but not so quick when there is something good to be said !!

Quick complainers but slow praisers !!!

• Advertisement

Wow another 1st time poster "talking up" this place. How bloody slow do these people think we are:rolleyes:

Your obviously slow enough there elvis..........Can people not change their user names ???

I kid u not, Im not an employee what so ever, believe what u like.

Its a sad state of affairs if you cannot accept what I posted innitailly.

Sure look, why waste time **** arsing around with posts on blogs, just call in and see for your self.

Or ....are u afraid that u wil see I'm right in what I say

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

peoples i made the trip down to the dreaded hotel on saturday night with about 10 friends of mine

now let me explain born and reared in this town and going to this little dump since i was 14 (i was a big breasted girl in my teens i could get into any night club lol) and i have seen this change hands many a time and be done up and down etc etc

well folks i have to say i was actually pleasantly surprised the decor is absolutly lovely all changed around and looking very nice indeed. the bouncers which i would have had a bone of contention with over the years were lovely lads knew some of them from doing doors in portlaoise and the biggest thing for me was there was not a eh "scumbag in sight"

now i would know these eh "scumbags" from living here all my life and it was a pleasant surprise to not to be having to watch them in case a glass or a fist would fly my way

so i have to say im delighted its back up and i have to say runnig better than it has in years

so never thought id say this but well done the hotel its good to have to back!!!!!

Keela wrote: »
    Your obviously slow enough there elvis..........Can people not change their user names ???

I kid u not, Im not an employee what so ever, believe what u like.

Its a sad state of affairs if you cannot accept what I posted innitailly.

Sure look, why waste time **** arsing around with posts on blogs, just call in and see for your self.

Or ....are u afraid that u wil see I'm right in what I say

So what was your previous username then ?

The only ones talking up this place are members with very little posts and the majority of which are new members.............

As i said, i have no need to go to the place. I have places in town i like to drink and eat already.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Publicdiservice

Not from Port, normally drink exclusively in Portlaoise but was in Port at the weekend and had decent night in the hotel, wouldn't have any complaints. I too don't have many posts before anyone points it out but have no connection to this or any other business in Port. There's enough pubs closing around the place, fair play to anybody making an effort to reopen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

My friend and her husband had a drink in the bar Sat night and were delighted with the refurbishment.They then went further but called in to the disco later and again were very pleasently surprised.She said that there were loads of bouncers and not a hint of trouble.The crowd was a good mix age wise and they had a very enjoyable night and stayed till closing.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

great to hear the good reviews...

but its a case of "seen it all before" for me. Give the place about 4-5 months and then review it again, that will be the litmus test for me.

one thing the hotel has going for it is the state of the rugby club lately. Th eage group seems to have gone from 25+ish to slightly 17+ish..... i wonder if thats a reflection of a new policy in the hotel??

Well, this is certainly a turnaround and by all accounts very good news, all the more given the state the Hotel Industry is in generally. I congratulate the new operators and perhaps its safe for me and the better half to come visit soon! LOL:D

Any premises that can pull a crowd in the current climate is doing well, delighted to hear there are plenty of Bouncers, obviously an effort "albeit and expensive one" is being made not to allow the carry on of the past creep back in.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    one thing the hotel has going for it is the state of the rugby club lately. Th eage group seems to have gone from 25+ish to slightly 17+ish..... i wonder if thats a reflection of a new policy in the hotel??

Although the rugby has got bad recently, it's always been a bit lax on age limit, generally if you were in 6th year you got in! Now though there's 3rd and 5th years in the place regularly from what I hear which is a joke! Don't think it can be related to the hotel though!

Hi Kmart6

Id say it could be related to the hotel being strict....partially.....! I was in the rugby a few times prior to the new management in the Hotel and ur dead right in saying it is full of teeny boppers....

The atmosphere in the hotel last sat night was brill and it was live on Radio 3 !

Was really enjoyable. And in reply to wat a prev blogger wrote (can't remember his name ) soz, but I never saw any scum bags there either and that was very welcome so Keep Up The Good Work East End Hotel..... AT LONG LAST, IT SEAMS TO BE IN THE RIGHT HANDS !!

Sorry but you can't make comparisons between the Hotel and the Rugby in relation to strictness! The Hotel is only back open a few weeks, and you may think it's strict but that's only a new revelation because they seem to have finally employeed competant bouncers! Beforehand practically any 15 year old could get in! Underage people has always been a huge issue with the Hotel!

• Advertisement

kmart6 ...OMG ...lol

Go back and read that again before u go getting on ur high horse there !!!!

I do believe I wrote 'prev' as in previous , not 'perv' as in pervert !!!!!!!

YOU CAN APOLOGISE ANY TIME U LIKE !!!:p

Ah sorry bout that! Easy mistake to make when full words aren't being typed, text speak isn't recommended on boards for future reference ;)!

Oh Lord.... Apologise and then take it back by refering to my text talk !!! ffs (meaning FOR **** SAKE) just in case thats too hard for u !!

Wat are u on about it not being a good idea in blogs, sure it's full of it !!! :confused:

But hey, life's too short, I wont argue with u, or anyone else. Were all entitled to opinions and I was actually agreeing with initially !!

Take Care :)

This isn't a blog though, its a public forum, which has charters that keep the place running! Its generally a good idea for newbies to familiarise themselves with it!!! So you should brush up on it!

Also you don't seem to be aware that cursing isn't allowed on here, and do you really think anybody around here needs an explanation of FFS!:rolleyes:

Ah here .... dry up wil ya ...ffs !!!

Ur not allowed do this on here, boo hoo !!! dry arse ! :D

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Did I see posters around town at the weekend for a foam party in the Hotel?

Ye Roaster, you did see posters up for a foam party ... lol.. actually only saw one myself last night and I thought jesus, 'IBIZA' or 'AYIA NAPPA' lol....but no, its our very own East End coming up in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

I actually have to say i was quite skeptical about this place at first but have been there twice over the last two weeks and as far as port goes at least its quite good, and the bouncers are actually decent for a change.

Advertisement