Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East End Hotel

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Another 1st poster talking up the hotel:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

LOL :) Seriously though, whats the real update? we heard about all the wonderful changes, are they in fact true or just delusional?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

no mate im on the site a year if ya cared to look at that, i just registered to adverts to post an add and haven't posted since, anyway i was just giving an opinion nothing to me whether you go to the hotel or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The nightclub in the hotel has been in existance for more than 25 years i think. It has to have its licence renewed every so often and AFAIK there has never been an issue with noise pollution.

I dont know the legal ins and outs but i would consider the fact that the nightclub existed long before many of the nearby new housing esttes, namely kilnacourt and whitefields, that its become an established feature.

If you are having problems hearing it from you bedroom a few hundred yards away i would seriously question the noise reduction capacity of the construction of your house elements, ie walls and windows. If its a fairly new house it has to comply with noise regulations.
    Perhaps you should look into this?
    if the hotel was there before those housing estates, then it is not the hotels fault that this is happening
    get heavy curtains, there is also that pumped in wall insulation, and thicker roof insulation, making shure you have double or triple glazing will help also,

civichead wrote: »
    no mate im on the site a year if ya cared to look at that, i just registered to adverts to post an add and haven't posted since, anyway i was just giving an opinion nothing to me whether you go to the hotel or not.

I say it as i see it...........1st post talking up the hotel, not the 1st person to do it and the more of this i see the less i believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

I say it as i see it...........1st post talking up the hotel, not the 1st person to do it and the more of this i see the less i believe.

I suppose fair enough, I was giving an honest opinion though but i can understand why you wouldn't believe me. Anyway it is nothing to me i was just reading the thread and felt like posting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

Was sceptical of the place when i heard it was reopening, but credit where credit is due, the seemed to have sorted out alot of the problems, bouncers are sound, place feels like a night club and is getting a decent crowd. hope it keeps going well and improving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 IrishRover2010

I went to Portarlington last weekend for a friends 30th Birthday Party. After i did my research i found that there was few very options for places to stay. I started google'n and came across this conversation. Needless to say i didnt like the sound of the East End Hotel after reading this. As the hotel was in the centre of the town it was the handiest for accomodation so i booked a few rooms for me and my friends for the night. I was there about 10mins when i realised all the bad feedback on this is rubbish. The staff were quite possibly the nicest people i ever met and made my stay a pleasure and the food was excellent. On arrival i was given a tour of the new niteclub. It looked really nice and modern with a real frsh feel to it. After we left the 30th birthday party that night (around 12:30 or so) we went straight for the new nightclub. What a night. The place was packed, the music was great, and the atmosphere was brilliant. I will defo be going back and will highly recommend both hotel & niteclub.
    As far all the people who are bad mouthing and trying to stir sh*t when there is no need to, GET A LIFE.
    ELVIS JONES, ur public profile says you live in Portarlington? Why dont you get up and go down see the place for yourself? Or are your hands stuck to your keyboard? If so, you shouldnt be at that stuff, you'll go blind. The whole country could do without people like you in a time like this. Fair play to anyone who try's to start to run a buisness in these times, and as for people who start one, build it up, and make it succseful, they deserve a big pat on the back. After being in the place, and then reading all your comments anyone would think you are Jelous? Why dont you just go down and see the place, u live in the town like? "DRY YOUR EYES MATE" and go check the place out
    DEMPO1, your another one who seems to have these negative vibes. You should go check the place out, you will be pleasently suprized.

Fair play to everyone who joined since the place was re-opened and left the truthful feedback about their expeirence there. Thats what the whole country needs in times like this.

I went to Portarlington last weekend for a friends 30th Birthday Party. After i did my research i found that there was few very options for places to stay. I started google'n and came across this conversation. Needless to say i didnt like the sound of the East End Hotel after reading this. As the hotel was in the centre of the town it was the handiest for accomodation so i booked a few rooms for me and my friends for the night. I was there about 10mins when i realised all the bad feedback on this is rubbish. The staff were quite possibly the nicest people i ever met and made my stay a pleasure and the food was excellent. On arrival i was given a tour of the new niteclub. It looked really nice and modern with a real frsh feel to it. After we left the 30th birthday party that night (around 12:30 or so) we went straight for the new nightclub. What a night. The place was packed, the music was great, and the atmosphere was brilliant. I will defo be going back and will highly recommend both hotel & niteclub.
    As far all the people who are bad mouthing and trying to stir sh*t when there is no need to, GET A LIFE.
    ELVIS JONES, ur public profile says you live in Portarlington? Why dont you get up and go down see the place for yourself? Or are your hands stuck to your keyboard? If so, you shouldnt be at that stuff, you'll go blind. The whole country could do without people like you in a time like this. Fair play to anyone who try's to start to run a buisness in these times, and as for people who start one, build it up, and make it succseful, they deserve a big pat on the back. After being in the place, and then reading all your comments anyone would think you are Jelous? Why dont you just go down and see the place, u live in the town like? "DRY YOUR EYES MATE" and go check the place out
    DEMPO1, your another one who seems to have these negative vibes. You should go check the place out, you will be pleasently suprized.

Fair play to everyone who joined since the place was re-opened and left the truthful feedback about their expeirence there. Thats what the whole country needs in times like this.

Went to portarlington after google searching and ended up at the east end My Hole! What type of gob****e are you, four posts on Boards.ie and you suddenly come across this forum. It is perhaps Ironic that almost word for word, opinion by opinion and stupid comments one after the other seems to have appeared in another posting previously. As explained to you before, lets have some honesty and objectivity here, google search my arse, this establishments only web presence is comments on this forum. Again, my contributions are based on experience and also additional commentary about noise levels. I have indeed visited this place recently and the food is appalling and staff (well were are they) as for the glorified karoke banquet hall now called a nightclub, give me a break. I have wished this venue well but its difficult when the new TENANTS and by all accounts staff members come onto this forum patronizing potential customers and indeed local. Jealous my arse also on a Venue that copies others idea's albeit badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dempo1 wrote: »
    this establishments only web presence is comments on this forum.

Completely wrong.......East End Hotel, along with this they are operating a Facebook page with offers to people who are fans and birthdays are coming up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

I hear the nightclub in the East End has completly wipes out the rugby clubs business. They are even supposed to be charging half price entry in the rugby now on Saturday nights.

In fairness i was sceptical about hearing the East End had opened again as i know the stigma that goes with the place locally and i have started going there when i was about 16 (thats 12 years ago now folks!)

Anyhow, anybody i have heard to has eaten there or has gone for a few drinks there or has been to the nightclub there has had nothing but good reviews about the place (it has even been streesed that No riff raff are allowed in) so i think me and my gfreind and child might go there for dinner this sunday.

Best of luck to the staff and managment in starting a new business in tough times, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Rugby Club is no longer in operation! Don't think that can be put down entirely to the Hotel as there seems to have been a few Saturdays where they've been fairly quiet, seems like people just aren't heading out as much anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Hmmmm, its been quite a while since any posts on the East Ends progress or otherwise! Any updates? I have not been to port in quite a while:D

proudly i can say i still haven't been through the doors etc so i can't comment:D

proudly i can say i still haven't been through the doors etc so i can't comment:D

LOL :D I had been away and not near port in many months, my curiousity got the better of me last night!

Advertisement