Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a sheet of frosted plastic - help!

Options
  • 15-07-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi all, hope someone can help me with this as I'm desperate.

I'm doing a college project and need to buy a sheet of frosted plastic of about 2 x 3 feet.

I need to put a webcam underneath it that can see through the sheet to a symbol on paper. The reason I need it to be frosted is to reduce reflections that confuse the camera.

I could use frosted glass but I'm worried about breaking it.

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on something like this? Any advice would really be appreciated. I'm in the midlands but can travel.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

In the likes of B & Q , Woodies etc you can get different thickness rigid plastic....1/2 sheet...1/4 sheet...etc for glass replacement. However I've only seen clear type. I believe an orbital sander gives you the frosted effect, with the more you sand the greater the effect
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Get a sheet of clear plastic from B&Q or somewhere similar and then put some good old contact on it for the frosted effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Thanks for your help. I'll have a look in B&Q to see what I can find. I also saw some spray that gives a frosted effect though that might only be for glass? The contact is a good idea too, I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Use clear perspex and place something opaque on the lens of the webcam ( Tights!).

Advertisement