Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else getting Fat Cyclist Jerseys ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Verb wrote: »
    I know Tiny is probably getting one, seeing as he has one already ! Anyone else getting one? Just curious.

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2008/07/14/new-fat-cyclist-jerseys-pre-order-this-week-only/

It's an interesting blog, only been reading it a few months, but it's well written and one finds it very easy to empathise with his situation.

It's a great blog, and indeed I have one of his last run (as does niceonetom), but I don't know if I'll get another -can't really afford one atm, and one's enough :)

Having said that, it's a great cause

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

It's a great blog, and indeed I have one of his last run (as does niceonetom), but I don't know if I'll get another -can't really afford one atm, and one's enough :)

Are you still saving for that new chainset? Or is that sooo yesterday, loike ya'know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Verb wrote: »
    I know Tiny is probably getting one, seeing as he has one already ! Anyone else getting one? Just curious.

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2008/07/14/new-fat-cyclist-jerseys-pre-order-this-week-only/

It's an interesting blog, only been reading it a few months, but it's well written and one finds it very easy to empathise with his situation.

You know I think I just might. I just read the signifigance of the '201' on the jersey. Turns out I'm a Clydesdale* (201.5), but I'm working on it.

Plus the money raised goes to a good cause. It is a great blog, I usually read it after the latest installment of funny vitriol from Bike Snob NYC.

*and this only a week after I learn about 'Fred'

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Are you still saving for that new chainset? Or is that sooo yesterday, loike ya'know?

New wheels, new chainset, new shorts... there's a freakin list of stuff I have to get!

Ahh Tiny, it's the Mavic wheels now I see you're interested in the other topic.

(and I still don't know what a FRED is)

• Advertisement

unionman wrote: »
    You know I think I just might. I just read the signifigance of the '201' on the jersey. Turns out I'm a Clydesdale* (201.5), but I'm working on it.

I'm a freakin Clydesdale and a half -90kgs is about as small as I'll ever be! :)

New wheels, new chainset, new shorts... there's a freakin list of stuff I have to get!

Me is hearing rumour of Assos n'est pas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yeah Bike Snob and Fat Cyclist are my two good blog reads. I also subscribe to the bikecommuters.com site in the states, but the smug righteousness from those articles drives me nuts. I don't know why I keep reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I'm very far into the Clydesdale category, reckon I actually need another category somewhere higher up - bulldozer maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I'm a freakin Clydesdale and a half -90kgs is about as small as I'll ever be! :)
    dub_skav wrote: »
    I'm very far into the Clydesdale category, reckon I actually need another category somewhere higher up - bulldozer maybe

Yeah, but I'm 5'5" - is there such a thing as a Shetland Pony Clydesdale?:eek:

• Advertisement

Me is hearing rumour of Assos n'est pas?

...because my bum's worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I'd love to get one but I wouldn't have the neck to wear it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

? The design looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'll be getting a different pink jersey soon.

Advertisement