Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java 2 then to Java 5 or straight to Java 5

Options
  • 15-07-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I completed some java & OO training courses a few years ago but now I want to get stuck in and get some certification on this ..
    I have "head first java" which so far is excellent and also "sun certified programmer & developer for java 2"..

seeing as I have "head first, first edition" I was going to continue with that and then when I have a clear grasp get the second edition & review websites and get up to speed on the changes.. any comments/recommendations regarding this approach?

also - should I just bin the certification book that I have at this stage or could it be helpful along with updated websites? Should I just buy the latest one and focus on that. Anyhow know if there's been much changes between these versions?

Also - have downloaded the latest non-beta version I could find - jre1.6.0_07 - is that the correct one to use or is there a later one? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. have been putting this on hold for some time, but actually want to get stuck in on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Go straight for the SCJP 5 and I would try and use the new book I think its only like 30 dollars new and less if u can find it second hand somewhere.

Advertisement