Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which tyres y'all recommend?

• 15-07-2008 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for your opinions on tyres,

Need a new set on my Hyundai ( hawk spit) terracan.

Have been running on fulda tyres, cheap and cheerful but not so great in wet and noisy,

Considering continentals

Any opinions welcome!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I've had good allround experiences with Yokohama Geolandar AT II 's ...but that was on a Jimny in size 195/80/15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I've heard lots of good things about the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's, and was quite chuffed when I bought my Pajero and found that it already had them on it. :)

they're very well regarded as a good all-round tyre for road & off-road use if you're only going to have one set of tyres, they're probably the best all rounder there is and not too expensive either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

def the BFs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Mick K

The Bf goodrich would be a bit hardcore for the terracan IMO.
    I'd go for a subtle bridgestone 689 for all round performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i suppose it depends on whether he's ever planning on getting it stuck somewhere. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

Michelin are brilliant tyres but way too expensive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

have a look at General Grabber UHP tyres - subsidiary of Continental. Very nice tyre, last a long time, very quiet and comfortable ride. Excellent grip. If you cant find them in Ireland, you can order online from www.camskill.co.uk - I ordered mine from there, delivered within 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

@ Anoble, what were the delivery charges like to Ireland? I can't find the tyres I want at all online except for one place, and I'm not too keen on the price.
    P225/75/R15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

hey wet-paint.

At the time can you believe it was only 7 pound sterling to ship all 4 tyres! Now, I have a feeling the shipping charges have increased...i think it might now be 7 per tyre...but you can check with them. I don't think you can get the General Grabber UHP's under 18".....but if you want an all-terain tire the General Grabber AT2's are supposed to be good and cheap at 66 quid a tyre.

thanks

Advertisement