Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good looking girls

Options
  • 15-07-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been discussed before but why do good looking girls get voted out first almost every year? Look at the people evicted so far this year - stephanie, sylvia, jennifer and mario. The 1st three were probably the best looking in that order. Mario was up against a dog so she got to stay in even though she is an abnoxious cnut and I'm sure if she had been remotely good looking would have been voted out. My personal theory is that most of the voting public are girls and girls are bitches and hate good looking girls. Aren't I not incorrect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

I'm sure this has been discussed before but why do good looking girls get voted out first almost every year? Look at the people evicted so far this year - stephanie, sylvia, jennifer and mario. The 1st three were probably the best looking in that order. Mario was up against a dog so she got to stay in even though she is an abnoxious cnut and I'm sure if she had been remotely good looking would have been voted out. My personal theory is that most of the voting public are girls and girls are bitches and hate good looking girls. Aren't I not incorrect?

That's it in a nutshell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Yeah that's it.
    Do you ever see the women in the crowd/mob outside the house on the eviction nights?
    They are the people who vote.
    You can see why they would be jealous of the pretty girls in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah it's due to jealous girls. I was watching BBBM and they were talking about Rachel. Nearly all the women questioned disliked her and wanted her out. 'Oh she's boring'. Yeah nothing to do with her striking good looks then? Don't see this kind of attitude towards Stuart or Dale who bring nothing to the table either.

Sure remember when Nikki was voted out initially when every housemate practically was up for eviction? It's down to jealous girls.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I nearly agree with all your post. Girls like to vote the good looking girls out but this year the good looking girls really did themselves no favours.

Stephaine - the minute BB set her a task on the first night she didn't make an effort. Yes Mario was/is a creep but it is a game show and you do what it takes to win.

Slyvia - she got into bed with the wrong person from the first night and after that she was always going to be evicted when she was put up.

Jennifer - big time sh!t stirrer. If she had stopped with the crocodile tears Dennis may have still been in the house. The public wanted her out after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I agree with Keano.

I also think that if Rebecca had been up against anyone else she would have been gone so I don't think you can say she stayed because she's not a looker. She stayed because Mario shot himself in the foot repeatedly with public with his behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Keano got it spot on. Most of the time, good looking girls are voted out because of jealousy, but that doesn't mean all good looking girls that were voted out was for that reason.

Jen used to do my nut in when she constantly went on about how she would be voted out because she was 'pretty'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Stephaine - the minute BB set her a task on the first night she didn't make an effort. Yes Mario was/is a creep but it is a game show and you do what it takes to win.

I don't think people get voted out because they don't make an effort in a task. Why would the public care? Maybe they get nominated by other housemates, but not voted for...

I don't think people get voted out because they don't make an effort in a task. Why would the public care? Maybe they get nominated by other housemates, but not voted for...

Well you have to look at who she was up against as well. The others appeared to have a lot more to offer during the first week while she just came across as fairly vapid. With the exception of standing up to Alexandra, Stephanie did little to endear herself to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭zuchum

maybe they're bitches because they're good looking? just a thought..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

they were talking about Rachel. Nearly all the women questioned disliked her and wanted her out. 'Oh she's boring'. Yeah nothing to do with her striking good looks then?

Don't see the striking good looks there myself! Maysoon in the mime costume and make up though ... that's a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Don't see the striking good looks there myself!

Behold...!

RachelMS_250x333.jpg

Have to agree with MNG, she's a beautiful girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rachel reminds me of a little old lady somehow magically transplanted into a girls body.
    She has zero sex appeal for me as a result.

I do think the bitchy jealous factor is why the pretty girls go early, thank feck that helped get rid of Jennifer this year, the house dynamics changed immeasurably for the better once she left.

Stephanie was hard done by though, it was abit unfair to put the pretty girl in the spotlight so early like that, there was only going to be one outcome from that.
    I'd have like to see how her and Rex would have developed as there was chemistry there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

Mario was up against a dog so she got to stay in even though she is an abnoxious cnut and I'm sure if she had been remotely good looking would have been voted out. My personal theory is that most of the voting public are girls and girls are bitches and hate good looking girls. Aren't I not incorrect?

Major generalisation there!! I think any huge generalisation like that is automatically a useless statement. Not all girls are b****'s. Is your mother a b****? Your Gran, your sister? I find this an extremely harsh comment to make.
    I think people are voting in relation to what they've been shown (obviously) and although I love the show, I'm fully aware that the producers, or whoever deals with all that, are definitely picking and choosing what to show...who's bad behaviour they want to show, and who's they will neglect to show you. I was very fond of Jennifer up until that big massive blow out argument with Rex, where Denis was removed, then she got very bitchy. But then in her interview she was a sweetheart and I thought she may have been unjustly portrayed as more of a dramaqueen/b**** in the show. I also really liked Stephanie and was shocked to see her go first. But there's no denying Sylvia was a bit of a sly b**** now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ive said it for years. All the good looking women in the house get voted out first by the ugly women who have nothing better to do at home than vote for them out of sheer jealousy. The only good looking woman to ever do well in the house was Kate Lawlor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Has nobody else noticed that Rachel seems to be going balder by the day :confused:

She is quite pretty, but her personality wuld put me well off. As gf material, it would be like living with a 4yr old after gotten high on a bag full of sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'm disappointed with Rachel after her intro video on Day 1. She said she never stopped talking and loved chaos but really she's quiet and subdued. I think she's a nice person, very helpful and friendly around Mikey.

I agree with whoever said Kate was the prettiest girl to do well in it.

And what about Lisa? Surely "she" is a man?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

it would be like living with a 4yr old after gotten high on a bag full of sugar.

I'd stay away from the sugar so.;),:D.

Advertisement