Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow piercing

Options
  • 15-07-2008 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

I have always wanted to get my eyebrow pierced and i'm thinking about getting it done this week. Just a few questions for you knowledgeable people ;) I play a fair bit of sport, if i got pierced could i take it out while playing rugby/soccer about 3 times a week for about 2 - 3 hours at a time? Would there be a chance of it getting infected while the bar was out? Sorry for the stupid questions, i'm a newbie :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

BrynW wrote: »
    I have always wanted to get my eyebrow pierced and i'm thinking about getting it done this week. Just a few questions for you knowledgeable people ;) I play a fair bit of sport, if i got pierced could i take it out while playing rugby/soccer about 3 times a week for about 2 - 3 hours at a time? Would there be a chance of it getting infected while the bar was out? Sorry for the stupid questions, i'm a newbie :o

Honestly, I wouldn't take it out for that long until it's been in for a long long time.

Once it's healed it won't get infected by taking it out.

I can't really give you an accurate time frame as I don't have mine done, but my Industrial is a year old and I can't have that out for long, one lip piercing was 3 months old and it would still close up very quickly, but then having said that, my two year old lip piercing cant have nothing in it for weeks and still stay open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Honestly, I wouldn't take it out for that long until it's been in for a long long time.

Once it's healed it won't get infected by taking it out.

I can't really give you an accurate time frame as I don't have mine done, but my Industrial is a year old and I can't have that out for long, one lip piercing was 3 months old and it would still close up very quickly, but then having said that, my two year old lip piercing cant have nothing in it for weeks and still stay open.

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what to do now :(

Does anybody have their eyebrow pierced? If you do, how long does your piercing take to close over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

its totally dependent on each person brywnW and as captain ginger also mentioned how long youve had it pierced.
    if you are going to be doing contact sports i wouldnt get my eye brow pierced

Wilburt wrote: »
    its totally dependent on each person brywnW and as captain ginger also mentioned how long youve had it pierced.
    if you are going to be doing contact sports i wouldnt get my eye brow pierced

Any particular reason why you wouldn't get it pierced considering it wont be in while playing sport?

Not trying to be smart with this comment, just a newbie to piercings :o

Ah no worries, well while it's healing it isn't recommended to be taking out the piercing as it will just irritate the sh!te out of the piercing.

I'm also lazy enough, so wouldn't wanna be taking out the piercing all the time and putting in a retainer or risk the piercing closing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

To be honest OP you're better off going to a reputable piercer and asking them, there's loads of recommendations on this forum. As far as I know you have to allow around 4 weeks for it to heal completely so I'd try getting it done off season if possible. If you're in Dublin there's loads of choice for good piercers. Do your research, believe me it will pay off.

nhughes100 wrote: »
    To be honest OP you're better off going to a reputable piercer and asking them, there's loads of recommendations on this forum. As far as I know you have to allow around 4 weeks for it to heal completely so I'd try getting it done off season if possible. If you're in Dublin there's loads of choice for good piercers. Do your research, believe me it will pay off.

Yeah i'm in Dublin. Can anybody recommend a reputable piercer for me?

Paddy in bodyshock, templebar
    Snakebite on middle abbey street
    Wildcat in stephens green or middle abbey street along luas tracks
    Mark in V piercings (underneath inkwell tattoo by 4 courts)
    glen in adonis (behind miss fantasias)

few more out there

Thanks, will look into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

I got mine piereced in feb still havent takin it out but have tryed to but cant seem to remove it , but will have to take it out next week some how when i do a dolphin swim ****e.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies. I don't think I will be getting it done because I want to play rugby this season. But if something happens and i can't play, then i will definately get it done!

Advertisement