Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand/DHL help

Options
  • 15-07-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I recieved parts for my first build a few days ago from hardwareversand.de, the monitor I got is totally rubber ducked with cloudy/misty white patches across the whole screen and pretty bad backlight bleed across the bottom. I e-mailed HWV and they simply told me to send it back, I got on to DHL and they gave me two options:

1. costs €97 and I have to leave it in their depot in Dublin airport.

2. DHL with collect the monitor but it will cost €232!!!!!!!

Its a fairly big box that weighs 14kg but that seems mad, I emailed and rang HWV to check that theyll refund shipping costs but I didnt get an e-mail back and could only get talking to someone with extremely bad english.
    Am I missing something here?? I never had any dealings with online stores/couriers before so I'm not sure.

Sorry for the long winded post but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I reckon you can send it with An post for about 90 euro. Their max weight is 20kg.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/What+Are+You+Sending+Details.htm#parcel

You can work out costs with this link

http://postage.anpost.ie/

Still pretty pricey. Generally you are expected to pay postage costs for return items. I'm not sure that this applies when the item is damaged though, only if you decide you dont want the item as you have 7 days to do this when you buy online I believe.

Let us know what HWV get back to you with...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rmagu02

Thanks for the reply, An Post prices look a bit more reasonable, but surely HWV will refund postage costs on a defective item?? Anyone have first hand experience of dealing with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

rmagu02 wrote: »
    Anyone have first hand experience of dealing with this?

Nope, but i got a hd here with the "click of death" that needs going back to them, I'm watching carefully to see how you get on.

Have had 2 experiences with them before, once where an item was lost in transit and they sent another straight away without question. Also in another order (only last week) i pre-ordered a graphics card @ €225 but by the time it came in2 stock the price had dropped to €209, I emailed them and they said they could either, refund difference if i sorted an iban in my bank or as I suggested add an item to the order, which they did without any hassle. They're sound to deal with from my experience

Advertisement