Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do women below Size 8 Disgust you ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Some of those models look well, like they're just naturally that thin, but most look sick and just promote those horrible pro-ana sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Exactly. Horrible.

But at the same time each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Depends on their boobs and ass tbh. If they have them then they can't be that skinny just naturally petite or whatever.

I generally find runway models to be fairly ugly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

It depends on the person really. Some guys and gals are naturally skinny so they're not going to look as unhealthy as those who starve themselves to achieve the same look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

its a particular thing with me, but extremely thin women disgust me....

examples :

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/02_1/NaomiLilyAPPA_468x410.jpg

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/products/mp/BGT0J6G_mp.jpg

http://showcoverage.vogue.com.au/slides-images/imagefolder/slide-1763/IMG_8186.jpg

now some of you lads may be into the breakable type of women but i just think this is horrible, and i want to throw some of my female friends off a bridge when they envy pre-anorexic celebrities
    The skinny chicks don't disgust Pighead. YOU disgust Pighead. Coming in here with your anti-skinny agenda spouting off vile words of hate and possibly envy. Of course some of these girls are too skinny but c'mon Cartman they need our SUPPORT, not DISGUST.

Imagine if your fat girlfriend was actually skinny. Would you be angry if some internet spanner started banging on about how much she disgusted him? Course you would. Don't offer the skinny chicks disgust, offer them sandwiches. With lashings and lashings of mayonaisse. Bad thread Cartman. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm not good on sizes but I think this girl looks great http://vivirlatino.com/i/2007/03/anorexia_narrowweb__300x479,0.jpg and so do some of the models you posted links to....there's a very fine line and all these girls are dancing on it......, I think i'd rather have a skinny girl who could get bigger than a big girl that can get huge....for example http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/fat--models.jpg

just my 2cent....

saying that if you saw mrs monkey you'd call me a hippocrate:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Size 6 is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

women above size 14 also disgust me, but thats a different thread for a different day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Totally horrible. One theory has it that the majority of gay men working at the top in the fashion business have extremely misogenic views of women and womanhood and push the of the figure of a 12-year old boy as aesthetic ideal.*

I know of no red-blooded male of my acquaintance ever who would find such a figure in a woman to be sexually attractive. In fact those who do find that attractive are roughly in the same fetish minority as shoe-sniffers and cuckolds.

* Disclaimer : I've nothing personal against women, gay-men or 12-year old boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Not as much as fat burds...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

women above size 14 also disgust me, but thats a different thread for a different day :)

Guess which one will be the more controversial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

tribulus wrote: »
    Guess which one will be the more controversial!

hence why i posted this one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

I love the xylophone ladies. Would never pressure a girl into being overly thin in any way, but if it's how she wants to be then I'm on it in a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

my friend is size four but with curves its just because shes small that her size is that low even though her body in proportion to mine would be similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yeah. I've a friend who's a size six. She just looks sick all the time

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

The girls you've posted look great. I was expecting some genuinely anorexic looking chicks but those ones are fine.

Skinny chicks are hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Starryeyd

It's not your dress size it's how you wear it. A 5ft size 14 girl is obviously going to look larger than a 6ft size 14 girl... Different strokes for different folks no?

It's the same for the boys no? Is this perfect?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/126/410057158_303827464d.jpg

Not for me, but hey I'm a tall and (recoil in horror)a size 16 :eek:. So maybe I'm not allowed have an opinion! If all your significant other is doing for you is being suitable thin then that's a shame man! I don't love my figure but my S.O has never hinted at having a problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

That is disgusting, I can't see why women go this way, the majority of men, myself included like women who are curvey and the sight of a single rib in a woman makes me gag. Curvey and shapley is the way to go, a size ten or twelve works best for me tbh! as the clichéd sayings goes, "more cushion for the pushing"! and "built for comfort.... not for speed".... cue controversy! :D

mumhaabu wrote: »
    That is disgusting, I can't see why women go this way, the majority of men, myself included like women who are curvey and the sight of a single rib in a woman makes me gag.

The majority of men wouldn't say no to any of the girls he posted imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

July wrote: »
    It depends on the person really. Some guys and gals are naturally skinny so they're not going to look as unhealthy as those who starve themselves to achieve the same look.

Agree. In general i like a woman who doesnt look like she will break soon tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

I'm not good on sizes but I think this girl looks great http://vivirlatino.com/i/2007/03/anorexia_narrowweb__300x479,0.jpg and so do some of the models you posted links to....there's a very fine line and all these girls are dancing on it......, I think i'd rather have a skinny girl who could get bigger than a big girl that can get huge....for example http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/fat--models.jpg[/url

just my 2cent....

saying that if you saw mrs monkey you'd call me a hippocrate:D

I didn't think that any of the first pics looked too bad (very thin but not horrendous) but the girl in the first picture here is scary and disgusting in equal measures. Unless Somalian famine victims turn you on I should think any normal guy would run a mile. You could hang CDs on her hip bones. Banging that must be similar to having sex with a starved pre teen boy. Bony, boobless and horrendusly under-nourished.

I'm confused by the attraction to emaciated looking women. it goes against the laws of nature. The purpose of attraction to the female form is essentially to procreate. when someone looks that unfertile and sickly I can't think why you'd want to do it. (And before I get a dig for being jealous/fat, I'm a size ten).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Phlann wrote: »
    The girls you've posted look great. I was expecting some genuinely anorexic looking chicks but those ones are fine.

Skinny chicks are hot.

I sincerely hope you're taking the piss. the girl in the black bikini would give any famine victim a run for their money. Sick and very wrong.

As a girl I'll put it out there that the larger of us want tiny arse but the tiny arsed of us want bigger chest. Had this constant arguement with a girl who was a whole foot shorter than me and about 8 dress sizes too. If you starve yourself you look ill, if your just fit and healthy then you'll look good on it. I have don't care about my size as long as I like my shape. Curves not wobbles!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

They don't disgust me, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

hence why i posted this one :)

Yeah because naturally slim petite women don't have feelings :rolleyes:
    And as one of those women I'm pretty sick of people who think it's ok to pass remarks on my figure whenever they bloody feel like it! If yer gonna stick yer neck out and make personal remarks don't just aim them at the easy targets.

pookie82 wrote: »
    I sincerely hope you're taking the piss. the girl in the black bikini would give any famine victim a run for their money. Sick and very wrong.

I was talking to the OP, hadn't even clicked that link until you quoted it.

I totally would though :D

And as one of those women I'm pretty sick of people who think it's ok to pass remarks on my figure whenever they bloody feel like it! If yer gonna stick yer neck out and make personal remarks don't just aim them at the easy targets.

Exactly!

Bigtime. Nobody would dream of telling a fatty to go get some exercise but they think they have some right to tell skinny girls to eat some chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Skinny chicks are hot.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/products/mp/BGT0J6G_mp.jpg - deosn't look too bad until you see her arms.
    The majority of men wouldn't say no to any of the girls he posted imo.
    Many men wouldn't say no to any woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

OP, Your gayness disgusts me.

Women are women.
    Some are big, some are small
    some are short, some are tall
    some are smart, many are as dumb as a rocks
    some smell like roses others smell like prawn.

Its whats inside that counts*

*and how tight it is, thats important

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

They don't disgust me- I view below size 8s as a matter of curiosity and pity (in equal amounts). I often find myself wondering just who they are out to try to impress? Its not healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

pookie82 wrote: »
    I didn't think that any of the first pics looked too bad (very thin but not horrendous) but the girl in the first picture here is scary and disgusting in equal measures. Unless Somalian famine victims turn you on I should think any normal guy would run a mile. You could hang CDs on her hip bones. Banging that must be similar to having sex with a starved pre teen boy. Bony, boobless and horrendusly under-nourished.
    Agreed.
    The other pics don't look too bad but that skeletor look is not good, it seems like she's starved herself down below what she should naturally be. When you can count ribs, hang stuff off hipbones or see spine in such hi-def clarity you can almost point out the spinal cord,that's when it gets a little scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

smccarrick wrote: »
    They don't disgust me- I view below size 8s as a matter of curiosity and pity (in equal amounts).Its not healthy.

To be honest I think you should take your pity and generalisations and shove 'em where the sun don't shine. Who are you Dr. Boards Poster to say what is or isn't healthy?? :rolleyes: Maybe you should go fatten up that narrow mind of yours.

Wahey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

did u post the wrong link here by mistake or something? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

No, and that's me being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

no they dont disgust me!!

things that do disgust me:
    • card scammers and the likes
    • monday mornings
    • spaghetti bolognese
    • threads which attempt to generalise a certain group of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dude... if a chick like her was photographed in a concentration camp we'd all be upset and horrified!

Curvy ftw - not curvy meaning fat, as that is also unattractive, women who are slim and toned but have ass, hips, thighs and boobs, such as:

monica-bellucci-picture-3.jpg
    scarlett_johansson.jpg
    salma_hayek_37.jpg
    259052~Heidi-Klum-Posters.jpg
    doctorshilpa.jpg
    ditacup.jpg

Keira Knightley is so pretty, and would be breathtaking if she wasn't so boney. She's not a girl who'd ever have major curves I'd say, but even if she was just the healthy side of skinny...

Dudess wrote: »

monica-bellucci-picture-3.jpg
    scarlett_johansson.jpg
    salma_hayek_37.jpg
    259052~Heidi-Klum-Posters.jpg
    doctorshilpa.jpg
    ditacup.jpg

Keira Knightley is so pretty, and would be breathtaking if she wasn't so boney. She's not a girl who'd ever have major curves I'd say, but even if she was just the healthy side of skinny...

It's funny but I actually think those girls are a little too big. I mean obviously they're good looking, but I'd rather boney Ms. Knightley any day.

Horses for courses, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

nah, don't see anything horrible or disgusting lol

yeah it bad when girls think they have to look thin, but if its their natural shape then who the feck cares. keira knightley is hot btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Keira Knightley is the perfect example of a gorgeous naturally skinny girl.

Keira Knightley is so hot she doubled for Natalie Portman!

As long as there are people who have been conditioned to believe those perfectly healthy, slim women are "a little too big" there will be girls with eating disorders.

Sad.

Dudess wrote: »
    As long as there are people who have been conditioned to believe those perfectly healthy, slim women are "a little too big" there will be girls with eating disorders.

Sad.

I think that's a bit of an over-simplification... and I somehow doubt that teenage girls world-wide are fretting over my opinion of them ;)

This is the same thing all over again though... it's a personal preference and yet some people act as if you're Satan incarnate for liking thin women. Even your use of the words 'healthy' and 'conditioned' seems to imply that all girls who are less curvy than them (and those of us who like them) are somehow 'unhealthy'.

That's not true.

It's symptomatic of the attitudes that cause eating disorders though. Not so much that you'd fancy the likes of Keira Knightley - she is very beautiful after all. But the way you said they're "a little too big".

Well they are. For me, like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

There seems to be a lot of bitter fat birds in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

Nope, same with size 14 ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ass Face wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of bitter fat birds in this thread.

You're going to go far. I just know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Keira Knightley in Domino is the perfect woman.

• Advertisement
Advertisement