Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get line Upgraded?

Options
  • 15-07-2008 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭

Guys been reading all these posts about it trying to find the answer, but I have a query re my sister's enabled exchange.
    Her exchange is enabled but she is not showing for line suitability (She lives down a short lane of houses). People who live further down the road (not the lane) line's have BB, so I was wondering was it because they split the line or something else, and if they have how would I a)find out and b)get a full line put it?

Cheers in Advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If a modem dials up at 28k or less the line is certainly split or faulty , ring in lots of faults about echo on the line and crackling noises . If they say its fixed dial up again otherwise raise a fault .

To get BB you need high 30k speeds on a 56k modem.

engineer eventually calls out and you ask nicely and give him €20 to sort it .

no point complaining, you would go grey and wrinkly dealing with Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Cheers for that, thought as much, she had trouble with the line before so I'll check out the dial-up speeds and pester Eircom. Now if only they'd enable my exchange (1/2 mile further up the road...)

Advertisement