Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: UEFA Cup First Qualifying Round

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Des wrote: »
    2-2 at home is a good result now?

No. But it isn't embarassing either, and there is still some hope left. They definitely are outsiders now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pighead wrote: »
    Nope. It's far from an "embarrassment" though. What were you expecting? A 5-0 walk in the park?
    DSB wrote: »
    No. But it isn't embarassing either, and there is still some hope left. They definitely are outsiders now though.

The result of the leg doesn't matter.

They are gone now.

Embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The result of the leg doesn't matter.

They are gone now.

Embarrassing.
    Your negativity is embarrassing.
    Wouldn't like to hear your half time team talks for Boardeaux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Agreed. One goal could settle it. It probably won't happen. But its far from over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm not being negative.

Show me a team of Cork's ability who came back from a 2-2 home draw to go through?
    Wouldn't like to hear your half time team talks for Boardeaux.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Cork hit the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I'm not being negative.
    Why?
    Don't like the sound of your voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

This team struggled to beat the same team Bohs crushed in Intertoto Cup in both legs.

A different Rhyl team than Bohs played. (Before they lost all their players).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

What happened to them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Just back from the game. We dominated them, especially in the second half. Their goals came against the run of play, real sucker-punches. The ref and linemen were a joke. I know some of ye will say I'm just saying it because of the result, but you weren't there. The linesman couldn't make his mind up, pure guesswork. Even if Haka were the home team, the advantage the ref gave them was just unbelievable. They didn't know what they were doing.

They have 3 good players, Lehtinen, Manninen and Innanen (striker and two wingers) who hurt us.

The first goal, there was confusion as to whether the ball had gone out, Danny Murphy was caught out and they got in behind and scored. They were both really soft goals.

Haka players were sporting giving the ball back when we put it out for countless players who went down. Fair play to them.

I think it will be tough in Finland, but we're better than Haka. The result tonight doesn't show it. I believe we can go to Finland and win.

Credit to the team and Mathews for turning a game around, not for the first time this season. We really should have won in the end, hit the post a couple of times, shout for a penalty. I'm looking forward to the highlights on MNS.

We're not out of the tie. There's still 90 minutes of football to be played. That's all I can say tonight.

City till I die,
    I'm City till I die,
    I know I am,
    I'm sure I am,
    I'm City till I die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What happened to them?

I'm not 100% sure myself. Something financial. I heard they struggled to put a competitive team together and had to look for local trialists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Pure Cork wrote: »
    Just back from the game. We dominated them, especially in the second half. Their goals came against the run of play, real sucker-punches. The ref and linemen were a joke. I know some of ye will say I'm just saying it because of the result, but you weren't there. The linesman couldn't make his mind up, pure guesswork. Even if Haka were the home team, the advantage the ref gave them was just unbelievable. They didn't know what they were doing.

They have 3 good players, Lehtinen, Manninen and Innanen (striker and two wingers) who hurt us.

The first goal, there was confusion as to whether the ball had gone out, Danny Murphy was caught out and they got in behind and scored. They were both really soft goals.

Haka players were sporting giving the ball back when we put it out for countless players who went down. Fair play to them.

I think it will be tough in Finland, but we're better than Haka. The result tonight doesn't show it. I believe we can go to Finland and win.

Credit to the team and Mathews for turning a game around, not for the first time this season. We really should have won in the end, hit the post a couple of times, shout for a penalty. I'm looking forward to the highlights on MNS.

We're not out of the tie. There's still 90 minutes of football to be played. That's all I can say tonight.

City till I die,
    I'm City till I die,
    I know I am,
    I'm sure I am,
    I'm City till I die.

Not long back also, it was some game. The atmosphere in the ground especially in the second half was unreal. I thought City would get another goal, they had so many chances towards the end with Hoggy hitting the post and Dan hitting the crossbar with the keeper kicking it on.

The ref was shocking tonight, some Haka players falling over as if they were made of paper ffs, really harsh giving Behan a yellow when he didn't touch the guy.

I agree that we are better than Haka, but they could be a competely different team at home, especially when their 'star' striker will be available (he is afraid of flying and so didn't make this leg), but I still think we can beat them regardless.

Advertisement