Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone @ Home for €29

Options
  • 15-07-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

I see Vodafone are doing their Home Broadband Package for €29 (usually €49) for the 1st 6 months if you're a Vodafone Bill customer already.

Considering that for €29 you get your line rental, unlimited local & national calls and 3 vodafone mobile numbers free plus 2 mb broadband .. thats a pretty good deal I think.

The 3mb product is €39 (usually €59) for the same deal.

Not Bad ... Has anyone switched ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Thats perlico. They've been bought by Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

barnicles wrote: »
    Thats perlico. They've been bought by Vodafone.

I realise Vodafone bought Perlico but Perlico and Vodafone@Home are 2 different products .. They launched their own brand shortly after buying Perlico and still run the Perlico brand seperately ..i.e. you cant get the offer I mentioned above with Perlico .. only Vodafone. In fact I don't think Perlico even do a 3mb Broadband product.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Vodafone will want to do something about their mobile bb product very quickly. It is now totally uncompetitive with the o2 one. Vodafone's is now 50% dearer with half the download limit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

am in the process of switching:
    FYI the billing is per second, have email from them stating this.

In terms of timing, if u are giving them LL and BB business, the LL gets moved first, takes about 10 business days and then they start the BB switch, another 10/15 business days from the LL date:)

The cooling off period is 7 days from the date u sign up so if u not happy with quality of product when delivered u are stuck for 12 months.

dub45 wrote: »
    Vodafone will want to do something about their mobile bb product very quickly. It is now totally uncompetitive with the o2 one. Vodafone's is now 50% dearer with half the download limit!

Yes. Vodafone better get their act together or they'll lose costomers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

another dope at tthe other end of vodafone sales over the phone, Rang on MOnday about getting vodafone @ home for 29 and the fool saoid no never heard of it! 29 is v good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

i've signed over to vodafone LL and BB 2MB package about 1.5weeks ago from 1MB LL & BB eircom package, the phone line has changed over i think, when you ring my home phone there seems to be about a 2 or 3 sec. delay before it starts ringing, also the voicemail persons voice has changed to a women from the eircom man.

Checked my BB last night and its still at 850ishKB (1MB eircom) , the same as its always been, i didn't order the vodaphones router, i stuck with the eircom one, is this the problem? or as someone else said, vodafone change the LL first, then the BB ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    i've signed over to vodafone LL and BB 2MB package about 1.5weeks ago from 1MB LL & BB eircom package, the phone line has changed over i think, when you ring my home phone there seems to be about a 2 or 3 sec. delay before it starts ringing, also the voicemail persons voice has changed to a women from the eircom man.

Checked my BB last night and its still at 850ishKB (1MB eircom) , the same as its always been, i didn't order the vodaphones router, i stuck with the eircom one, is this the problem? or as someone else said, vodafone change the LL first, then the BB ?

You are still using your Eircom broadband. You should expect a username and password from vodafone in the post i'd say. When you get it log into the router and change the username and password. The rest of the settings should be the same but you should probably give vodafone a call to walk you through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Is there a download cap?

Sure why wouldn't there be one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Conor108 wrote: »
    Is there a download cap?

30GB /month download
    unlimted upload
    60mins of free landline calls local and national (hang up and ring again after 60 mins)
    free calls to 3 vodafone mobile numbers from the landline (200 mins per month i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

anyone connected to their ll and bb already, how do you find it in comparison to other providers??

Advertisement