Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do i become driving instructor?

Options
  • 15-07-2008 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

hey all i would like to become a driving instructor and am looking for as much info as possible i have checked out quantum and ism prob will go with one of them only its quite expensive would like info if anyone has done the test recently.
    thanks!!;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 betterdrive.net

elainee wrote: »
    hey all i would like to become a driving instructor and am looking for as much info as possible i have checked out quantum and ism prob will go with one of them only its quite expensive would like info if anyone has done the test recently.
    thanks!!;)[/quot

None of the names you have mentioned are RSA approved as regards teaching instructors. No one is and you will have to take RSA exams before January.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

really!! i checked and thought they were rsa approved are u sure??
    i know alright i have to do an exam b4 jan.who would u recomened??thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What is the need to be tested before Jan?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm sorry but I think you have to get past txt spk in order to pass your theory test let alone become an instructor.

No personal offence intended, elainee.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Its actually a clever enough idea, when you consider the amount of lessons people must be looking for just right now with the changes in law and everything.
    **** sign me up! I can drive a starlet around the place all day moaning about the right time to downshift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

What's the change happening in January ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

**** sign me up! I can drive a starlet around the place all day moaning about the right time to downshift.

+1

I'd only be getting paid to do what I do with learners already!!

haha arent ya very funny steviec!!haha i think its the way to go now with all the new driving laws. great money in it...tinofapples the story is from jan there is a new law that u have to have 2 do a driving exam. between now and then anyone who has a car can b a driving instructor!!which is pure crazy like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

between now and then anyone who has a car can b a driving instructor!!which is pure crazy like!!

Just but your small car, get your appropriate insurance cover stick up a roof sign and away you go ??

Jesus what a great country we live , for now anyway. What happens to existing "teachers" /schools come January ?

What happens to existing "teachers" /schools come January ?[/quote]

they all have to go do d test. they think cause there are loads of guys in 50's and 60's doin it that they will just retire cause they wont want to go for the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

haha arent ya very funny steviec!!haha i think its the way to go now with all the new driving laws. great money in it...tinofapples the story is from jan there is a new law that u have to have 2 do a driving exam. between now and then anyone who has a car can b a driving instructor!!which is pure crazy like!!

I think what steviec was trying to say was that it's bad ettiquette to use text-speak on web forums. Apart from anything the lack of punctuation and grammar make it difficult to read. You've obviously chosen to ignore that.

Personally I'd rather be instructed by an old duffer with 30 years experience, even if he hadn't done a test, than some teenybopper who refuses to even communicate properly.

take it easy man!:D well if thats what u think fare play to ya;) i dont want any hassle i only wanted some info on becoming a driving instructor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

buddy of mine did it recently. I think ISM advertised, they put you through a training course with the intention of you becoming a franchisee (paying them 15K or something i was told for the pleasure of your franchise) but he just took the training passed his exam and went to work for someone else.

ism have info on their site about it http://www.ism.ie/Instructor_Training/Become_a_Driving_Instructor113.htm

Do you know how much it cost him? Could you ask him, was it worth it ? Because it's just a_lot of money like . Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

do you know how much ot cost him? could u ask him was it worth it ? cause its just alot of money like thanks again

I'll try find out for sure but i recall something about it costing very little as ISM wanted you to be a franchisee (that costs 15K or something) but he didn't take them up on it. i could be wrong but I'll find out.

was it worth it? well for the last two weeks he's been working every hour god can send, and i think he gets 40-50% of the hourly rate or something

Thanks a million Dade would appreciate it big time..i just want as much info as possible.Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭captainosull

pburns wrote: »
    I think what steviec was trying to say was that it's bad ettiquette to use text-speak on web forums. Apart from anything the lack of punctuation and grammar make it difficult to read. You've obviously chosen to ignore that.

Personally I'd rather be instructed by an old duffer with 30 years experience, even if he hadn't done a test, than some teenybopper who refuses to even communicate properly.

The girl wanted advice on how to become a driving instructor...not a grammar lesson. I wonder do all these guys give out to people who text to their phones in short hand. Is it easier to read short hand on a phone than it is a forum?? You've obviously soiled this little sanctuary for them, real life is just too tough for nerds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Captain, oh captain ...

From the forum charter:
    * No txt spk - show some respect to others reading your posts

:D

Back to topic now ...

Point accepted Peasant. But may I just point out that in that part of the charter you showed, it states about showing respect to other posters. Didnt somebody earlier state something about receiving advise "from a teeny bopper who cant communicate" - this should also have been picked up and checked. Ok let the debate go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Do you really want a ban for backseat modding?

Just say so ...I can oblige :D:D

• Advertisement

Ok go on - but a small one only ok ;):D. I dont wanna (want to) be away for too long :D

thanks captainosull.To be honest im only new to the site and never knew your not allowed to use txt speak i apoligise for that..But yeah thought that guy was quite harsh on me.Im far from a teeney bopper..lets just forget about it on wards and upwards..:D Thanks!!

Advertisement