Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how do i remove MSN passwords from my computer

• 15-07-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I am selling my laptop but want to remove all my user names and passwords that are remembered in my msn account, how do i remove them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

If you are talking about your passwords that are stored in Internet Explorer you can open Internet Explorer 7 and goto: Tools -> Delete Browsing History -> Delete All(at bottom left)

In older versions of IE I think you went to Tools -> Internet Options -> Content -> Auto Complete "Settings"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

to be sure i'd format the disk with a low level format tool

and reinstall windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

ntlbell wrote: »
    to be sure i'd format the disk with a low level format tool

and reinstall windows

Yeah honestly that is really the best way to do it and if it were my computer, I wouldn't sell it unless I had reinstalled windows.

A lot of laptops have a recovery partition, which you can access when the computer first turns on. If your computer does not have a recovery partition, you will probably need to have the disk that came with the computer to reinstall windows.

give this baby a lash dban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Its a 1 week old 701 asus eee pc windows xp version.Brother buying it off me so not too worried althe same I dont want him rooting through my msn account.

• Advertisement

Its a 1 week old 701 asus eee pc windows xp version.Brother buying it off me so not too worried althe same I dont want him rooting through my msn account.

if it's only msn you're worried about just untick the remember me on this computer and you should be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

What ntlbell said + delete cookies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

nessyguin wrote: »
    What ntlbell said + delete cookies

Also you could change your msn password from another computer when you sell it on.. so the old password - if he does manage to get it - is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,860 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Windows can also associate the MSN username with the Windows XP account, and doing the above won't unlink them. It can be fixed, but I can't remember how off the top of my head (using Vista now so can't check).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

astrofool wrote: »
    Windows can also associate the MSN username with the Windows XP account, and doing the above won't unlink them. It can be fixed, but I can't remember how off the top of my head (using Vista now so can't check).

Is that through MSN Explorer ? It's the only opt-in that I can think of (not that M$ concern themselves with petty users ) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

you could try crap cleaner maybe?

Advertisement