Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e220 modem fireware upgrade

Options
  • 15-07-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering is there anypoint is upgrading the dongle to the 7.6 mb/s fireware upgrade, does it make any difference with any of the 3G companies?

Also i heard someone before ranting about hs.vodafone.com saying this was faster than the normal server?

Input wud be great, thanks

A confused mobile broadband customer:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Firmware.

(Firewire is AKA IEEE1394 and iLink, a fast transfer connection)

Very very few masts have 7.2Mbps. If you never see close to 3.6Mbps, then it won't make any difference. It doesn't improve reliability nor speed unless your signal is perfect and already at the maximum 3.6Mbps. The real reason for the 7.2Mbps upgrade on some masts is that it increases the max users connected from 24 to 48 (If there are more than 20 users you'd get ISDN x 2 speeds).

You are a Mobile Internet customer, Not a Broadband customer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IanMcLeish

I understand the firmware update also corrects an issue where the modem spontaneously disconnects (from the PC) giving a "device disconnected or unavailable" error. Definitely noticed a significant improvement in reliability, though mine was an O2 modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

*/ It will also remove the ISP customisation, i.e. software and Sim "lock" */

Advertisement