Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setup bank / savings account via post

Options
  • 15-07-2008 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I don't have time (and don't want to) to go into a bank during the week to setup a bank account.

I'd like to setup a bank account via post / online & post. It's a savings account I want mainly. I don't want one with Rabo (but I like how easy they make it to setup an account). Don't care about rates etc much.

Somewhere with online banking/access would be nice too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Well Rabo is the obvious one ... why rule it out!?
    A savings account in which you don't care about rates? How about under your mattress?

If you just want an account and have had enought of my critisism, then try: https://www.postbank.ie/portal/start.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

random wrote: »
    I don't have time (and don't want to) to go into a bank during the week to setup a bank account.

I'd like to setup a bank account via post / online & post. It's a savings account I want mainly. I don't want one with Rabo (but I like how easy they make it to setup an account). Don't care about rates etc much.

Somewhere with online banking/access would be nice too.

Thanks

Well I can tell you now unless your know someone who's a banker you will find it very "difficult" to setup a bank a/c through the post. I certainly would be reluctant TBH. If you really insist you will need a photocopy of your ID and 2 original proof of address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Well Rabo is the obvious one ... why rule it out!?
    A savings account in which you don't care about rates? How about under your mattress?

If you just want an account and have had enought of my critisism, then try: https://www.postbank.ie/portal/start.asp

It's basically somewhere to stash cash for a rainy day (do I sound like a dealer? lol :D )

I love criticism. It's why I come to Boards. Everyones abusive to everyone else but there's always an answer at the end of the day.

Was just looking at postbank after I setup this thread.
    stepbar wrote: »
    Well I can tell you now unless your know someone who's a banker you will find it very "difficult" to setup a bank a/c through the post. I certainly would be reluctant TBH. If you really insist you will need a photocopy of your ID and 2 original proof of address.

What they required doesn't bother me too much. Nothing to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

LOL, flairy muff.

My last interjection on Rabo: for the same 'hassle' as postbank or any other apply by post bank so to speak you get a better return on that rainy day with Rabo. An its arguably a little more secure in these rainy rainy times.

Anyways best o'luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Check out first actives e-savings account. First active

They give a better rate than Rabo up to €15000.

Most bank accounts can be set up via post easily. Halifax also have a good return.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Sarn wrote: »
    Check out first actives e-savings account. First active

They give a better rate than Rabo up to €15000.

Most bank accounts can be set up via post easily. Halifax also have a good return.

I have an E-Savings a/c and it took a bloody long time to setup. That being said it does have a good interest rate. I also have a Rabo a/c which was relatively quicker. So I suppose it's a catch 22 suitation - speed of setup vs interest rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Didn't know First Active let you setup by Post .. will have a look at them and postbank. Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Northern Rock allow you set up by post. Good rates and secured by the lovely UK taxpayers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

as a few above have said, first active have an e-savers account online, that is easy to setup but takes a few weeks, but is the best rate out there for quick access savings accounts,
    also ulster bank have the same type of account with roughly the same rate, but is slightly quicker to setup.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement