Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80m air rifle plinking?

Options
  • 15-07-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

hey!
    could you's tell me what would be the best (make/model/calibre) break-barrell air rifle for up to, or close to 80metre plinking? if you can get one with that range?
    cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

get a 22lr, same licence

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The only target shooting I know of done at that range with air rifles would be field air rifle, and they tend to use ISSF air rifles with extra pressure and some additional doo-dads on the stocks to allow for seated shooting. Is that the sort of thing you're talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭freire

From experience I can say that any of the FAC rated guns should be pretty plinking good at out to 100 yards - things have moved on in the air world. look at Weirauch, Daystate or Air Arms. Not cheap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Air Arms Fac rated. heres a clip of some plinking at 200 metres!

Advertisement