Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 sound cards running at once

Options
  • 15-07-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hope its the right forum

I have a dell pc with a 5.1 sound card which i want to set up on my sound system.

the problem is i also have the pc connected to my DVD recorder via the tv out on my video card so i can play something on my pc and record it to dvd

so was wondering can i install a 2nd sound card so i can connect one to my dvd recorder and the other to the surround system

Thanks in advance Omega

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I've two sound cards.....

I can use one input only from both, and only one output.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

On some programs can't you set the output? Maybe you can output one program to sound card 1 and another program to sound card 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

no it wont work because of irq conflicts. All you can do is get an audio splitter.

Advertisement