Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Boards Beers

Options
  • 15-07-2008 10:39pm

Myself and RHG were discussing today the possibility of having an impromptu Beers next week?

Who would be interested in going and where would we go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

me me, i'm new, can i come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

I'm pretty busy next week, but will def at least make a guest appearance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can I bring my chainsaw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Can I bring my chainsaw?

i cant believe you even felt like you had to ask... obviously you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dammit probably won't make it down but maybe next time. BABM we need a session together! RHG i don't really care about...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

How can a decapitated man not be suspicious?
    turf wrote: »
    i cant believe you even felt like you had to ask... obviously you can.
    Unless he brings enough chainsaws for everybody things could get ugly.

I'll go if me backs all mended. I was supposed to go last weekend but where crippled. Mad to get out of this ****hole town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Really ought to try make it sometime, but again only around for some of next week...where's the usual?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Spadina wrote: »
    me me, i'm new, can i come?

Yeah you can, think I'll be around to go.

I'll try and pick a random date during the next few days. Whoever is around can come.

• Advertisement

It would have to randomly land on a Friday or Saturday for me to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

impromptu Beers next week?

Confused... Do boards beers take weeks of planning normally or something?

yeah it usually goes something like

Beers?

yeah sure.

When?

Thursday 2 weeks. No Friday 2 weeks. no Saturday 2 weeks.

then there is a vote that is usually split right down the middle until someone who can't make any of the dats still votes cause OP forgot the atari jaguar option and therefore screw everything up. then the posts start about people going to be there and people saying they can't but wish they could etc etc.

finally on the day before and the day of the beers 90% of people will post saying something came up and they can't make it cause they have to go to their grannies gardeners dogs funeral* and so only the most alcoholic of posters end up going. of which 2 or 3 will disappear during the course of the evening. then i get kicked in the balls by an ex (ok that was once but it still sucked) and more and more drinks and eyedrops are consumed before loads of pics being taken and people eventually passing out somewhere sometime.

ya know the usual night out :) more ****ing planning than the Iraq war!

*or something similer

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Thanks for clearing that up.
    A standard night out so...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭coillcam

I'm moving back to Galway as we speak so I'm in too. No real pref. date wise. What venue are you guys thinking?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sigh, somebody just pick a date and place, somewhere near/on dominick street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭coillcam

Sigh, somebody just pick a date and place, somewhere near/on dominick street.

Okay I nominate the after party to be at Tara's so, seeing as he's in the area and all :p I'll bring the crates o' dutch gold too :D

No problem, I live there! :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Decided on possible dates? Next Saturday is TerrorFirmers 21st which means him, RHG and myself can't make it if it's then...

Tomorrow night if ye wanna make it really impromptu!!

wouldn't think of inviting online friends to a birthday where there are goona be RL people there? Is terrorfirmer ashamed of us?

hmmm remember a mate on here didn't invite me to his 21st. sigh i thought we were close RHG... cunt :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

danniemcq wrote: »
    wouldn't think of inviting online friends to a birthday where there are goona be RL people there? Is terrorfirmer ashamed of us?

hmmm remember a mate on here didn't invite me to his 21st. sigh i thought we were close RHG... cunt :p

He wishes, he'd be eating himself all day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I'm away next weekend... you shall go ungraced by my holy presence...

I'm going to Galway tomorrow (saturday) regardless. I'm meeting some couchsurfers and should have a friend in tow. If anyones around set a place I'm meeting these ones' in Foxes cause their foreigners and it's the easiest place to meet up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

yeah it usually goes something like

Beers?

yeah sure.

When?

Thursday 2 weeks. No Friday 2 weeks. no Saturday 2 weeks.

then there is a vote that is usually split right down the middle until someone who can't make any of the dats still votes cause OP forgot the atari jaguar option and therefore screw everything up. then the posts start about people going to be there and people saying they can't but wish they could etc etc.

finally on the day before and the day of the beers 90% of people will post saying something came up and they can't make it cause they have to go to their grannies gardeners dogs funeral* and so only the most alcoholic of posters end up going. of which 2 or 3 will disappear during the course of the evening. then i get kicked in the balls by an ex (ok that was once but it still sucked) and more and more drinks and eyedrops are consumed before loads of pics being taken and people eventually passing out somewhere sometime.

ya know the usual night out :) more ****ing planning than the Iraq war!

*or something similer

QFT :D putting that on the biki

haha must actually go through that and update all the beers and add more posters and quotes! nice one grasshopa though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I thought we were close RHG...

I told you... that was a once off spooning. If you want more, you gots to pay (in kittens or other legal tender*)

I would love to once again akwardly converse about nothingness, until we all get drunk, and morals fly out the window. However, next week is race week and hells to the no if you think I'm braving town. Week after get(s) my vote.

*Badgers included.

Gotta pull out of this for a while. I've a terrible chest infection and the doctor's prescribed me some awful strong medication. I'm pretty sure if I drank it would probably be quite bad for me!

Gotta pull out of this for a while. I've a terrible chest infection and the doctor's prescribed me some awful strong medication. I'm pretty sure if I drank it would probably be quite bad for me!

pussy

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I'm away the week 4th-10th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'm leaving for Prague in 2 weeks for a couple of years, so if ye want a beers next Saturday, i'm all up for it! :)

Advertisement