Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beaumont hospital

Options
  • 15-07-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys/gals, wondering if any of you can help me, gotta head to beuamont hospital next month, wondering if the luas runs any where near it or which bus route goes near by, i'll be heading there from connolly or o'connell street

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Nope... Luas is absolutely nowhere near it.

The Number 27b from Liberty Hall is the best bus to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah the 27b is the best bus to get but the 42a from the lottery office on lower abbey street also goes there too, as does the 103 from clontarf dart station

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nope... Luas is absolutely nowhere near it.

The Number 27b from Liberty Hall is the best bus to get.
    yeah the 27b is the best bus to get but the 42a from the lottery office on lower abbey street also goes there too, as does the 103 from clontarf dart station

cheers guys, quick question though, even though abbey street would be handier for me, whats the reason for the 27b from liberty hall for being better, is it more direct,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

If you are on Abbey St., you can take 20b from Eden Quay. It flies through traffic and you can get off on Beaumont Road, 10 min walk from the Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's more frequent I believe...

You can also get it on Amiens street just across from Connolly station. The bus stop is just in front of the building next to the city morgue. Lots of buses stop there so be careful you get the 27B and not the 27 as they go in very different directions.

Fare should be 1.70 by the way.

Also the 27B goes inside the hospital grounds and leaves you at the front door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

irish-stew wrote: »
    hi guys/gals, wondering if any of you can help me, gotta head to beuamont hospital next month, wondering if the luas runs any where near it or which bus route goes near by, i'll be heading there from connolly or o'connell street

thanks in advance
    If you are getting the Luas (I will assume Red line) then you can get off at the current terminus of Abbey St. and walk around to Eden Quay (2minutes) and pick up the 27B from there which will leave you inside the Hospital grounds at the main door.

Probably your easist bet. There are other routes, the dublinbus.ie site will have them but if your coming from the Luas/Connolly the 27B will start on Eden Quay and run up Amiens St. stoppoing opposite Connolly. Should take about 30min to get there id say, and its e1.50 [i think] .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If you are getting the Luas (I will assume Red line) then you can get off at the current terminus of Abbey St. and walk around to Eden Quay (2minutes) and pick up the 27B from there which will leave you inside the Hospital grounds at the main door.

Probably your easist bet. There are other routes, the dublinbus.ie site will have them but if your coming from the Luas/Connolly the 27B will start on Eden Quay and run up Amiens St. stoppoing opposite Connolly. Should take about 30min to get there id say, and its e1.50 [i think] .

27b from connolly or abbey street sounds like the best bet, i'd have some idea of dublin, and a few of the bus routes, wouldn't be familar with all the street names though, mainly the landmarks, dont know beuamont at all, will probably be getting the train down to connelly, meeting someone first who will be arriving in busarus or o'connell street, who wouldn't know it as well, so the connelly or abbey choice sounds best depending where they arrive

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

will probably be getting the train down to connelly, meeting someone first who will be arriving in busarus or o'connell street, who wouldn't know it as well, so the connelly or abbey choice sounds best depending where they arrive

Then the easiest bet for you would be the bus stop opposite Connelly. Its just beside the pub on the corner opposite where the luas line/busarus busses at Connelly are. The 27B goes every 20 or so minutes so you shouldnt really be waiting too long. There is timetables at that stop anyway (Providing nobody has ripped them off)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

27b from connolly or abbey street sounds like the best bet, i'd have some idea of dublin, and a few of the bus routes, wouldn't be familar with all the street names though, mainly the landmarks, dont know beuamont at all, will probably be getting the train down to connelly, meeting someone first who will be arriving in busarus or o'connell street, who wouldn't know it as well, so the connelly or abbey choice sounds best depending where they arrive

You can get the 27b at the bus right almost directly across the road from Connolly (actually it's slightly to the south, opposite the Luas works).

You'll go straight, left at a T-junction, then straight for about 10-15 mins, then left at a roundabout, right at a T-junction, left at a T-junction and then left on the road into the hospital. The bus will slow down *a lot* going through the hospital and then you'll come onto a roundabout with bus stops on both sides. That's the hospital stop. Ask the driver when you're getting on, they'll have no problem telling you.

There are other buses (16, 16a, 20b) that are faster and more frequent but they drop you outside or nearby so you'd have some walking to do which might not be great if you're not sure where you're going.

• Advertisement
Advertisement