Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek The Fact Files

• 15-07-2008 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi did anyone collect this magasine/partworks when it came out in the late 90s?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I got about 15-20 of them, it ran a long time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I still have 5 full folders of this in my wardrobe at home. I collected it for flipping ages. Man i was such a nerd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Kiith wrote: »
    I still have 5 full folders of this in my wardrobe at home. I collected it for flipping ages. Man i was such a nerd :D

Was?? :p

Yea i have a rake of them at home as well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I gave up after a few, was eating into the pocket money too much :)

If you like the fact files, I'd recommend trying to get a copy of Star Trek The Encyclopedia by Mike and Denise Okuda. Covers similar territory, packed with info but not as much pictures or graphics as the fact files.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I gave up after a few, was eating into the pocket money too much :)

If you like the fact files, I'd recommend trying to get a copy of Star Trek The Encyclopedia by Mike and Denise Okuda. Covers similar territory, packed with info but not as much pictures or graphics as the fact files.
    OMG
    ive got both.....NEERRDDD!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i have the encyclopedia, AND it's signed by gates mcfadden and michael dorn

so nyah! :p

although i don't know where it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

yeah I collected it but gave up after about a year. Remember forcing myself to read about phaser technology. It was ok in places but I just lost interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

I collected the whole thing bar 4 issues and gave it away today. Originally I asked here as I was going to offer it but someone else got to it before I could put an offer here. So now they have it.

I really enjoyed reading it but it was time for someone else to enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

the GALL wrote: »
    OMG
    ive got both.....NEERRDDD!!!!!!

I prefer the term geek, and as Jonah Goldberg puts it... "All right, all right, I have fraternized with one or two individuals who, if called 'geeks', would not have a viable libel case against the accuser."

I love the Encyclopedia though. Recommended for all Trek fans, whether geeks or not!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Encyclopedia is a great jacks read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Yeah I collected it must have been for years. Think I went to the end wasn't reading it at that stage and then used to file them in large quantities. Think I missed a couple of issues and never got around to ordering them

Do like the encyclopedia also and tech manuals also. Recalling picking up the an updated copy of the encyclopedia that covered the Enterprise-E and stuff at the time. It was happy days.

Advertisement