Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

running log...

Options
  • 15-07-2008 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

ok here goes, looking around the site and this seems like a good idea to start a log and see how it goes. start 13st 13lb.

got a garmin forerunner 305 today is first day using it.

9km run today in sand and gravel, tide was in a good bit so didnt get the hard pack sand. took longer then other times.

training for a 10ml run then maby half marathon if i feel up to it.
    anyways i will keep posting as i progress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

best of luck with it freebird,
    do you have a specific 10 miler in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭freebird23

yes the 10 miler is in waterford (run for life). raising money for cancer center. the month before there is a 10km, i will also do this. then the half marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

hi freebird best of luck with your log and training, good to see another deise man on the log's. there are some very knowledgeable people on these logs so any help or advice needed just ask

done a martial arts class tonight, legs were a little sore after yesterdays run but used a jel that seemed to do the trick. gonna do 10km in sand tomorrow and rest for two days. then take to the road again as i dont want to get to used to the sand cause on the day of the run i might not be able to take the running on tarmac ( not sure if it will make a difference) although it think that if you run on sand you will be stronger for it and therefor faster. i stand to be corected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

hi freebird the sand will offer more resistance allright but if your training for a road run you have to get the legs used to road running,otherwise on race day you will suffer as the legs will not be used to the pounding that happens on road . there is still a place for your beach training but as long as your doing a good percentage on road you'll be grand

• Advertisement

thanks sun god went for a run today only went from tramore to half way house and back. felt it on the legs as im now used to doing it on sand. kickboxing yesterday also has a part to play in sore legs. cant lose the fat no matter how hard i try. martial arts twice a week and running and still no waight loss ( 5ft 4 and 13st 13lb) i do have the odd food binge but mostly keep the calories below 1500 per day.

no running yesterday,rest day. no running today untill tomorow gonna do 11km tomorow then try to add 3km next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭roundcrisis

hi there can i recomend you mapmyrun.com its really cool for training loggin
    cheers

Went for a run yesterday, the rest days payed off, felt a lot better for it. No running today, training later today for about an hour.:)

martial arts monday, running yeasterday felt a bit dodgy going round. anyway no traing to day as i was up all night with stomac bug its going trought the whole house.

• Advertisement

funny how much being ill can trow you off your stride. back training on monday after a break, intense workout no running yesterday and back training tonight.starting to come round now maby ill take some kind of multy vit to help my defenses against illness. on the plus side im starting to shift the lb's

Advertisement