Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x5 100rd MP5 magazines not feeding

Options
  • 16-07-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Bit unusual for a retailer to be posting in troubleshooting, but this problem seems to be more of a bizarre coincidence than an actual technical problem.

I primarily use the fantastic Classic Army MP5 A2 (with over 30,000 rounds through it and not a single hitch), coupled with x5 G&P 100rd MP5 magazines
    (non winders). Up until now, these mags have performed flawlessly. However all of a sudden all 5 of them will not feed correctly.

I hadn't skirmished for about 6-8 weeks so the magazines were sitting idle, two of which were brand new, the rest about 6 months old.

The process is, insert magazine, pull trigger and the first few bbs get fired, then nothing, dry firing. Whack the magazine and I get another 2 or 3 BBs. This happens with every whack, but no consistancy in feeding.

Looking down the loaded magazine, I can see an almost double stack design that I don't remember seeing before, it's almost like the BBs are wedged into place. If I pull back the tab at the top that keeps the BBs from spitting out, the very top BB in all the magazines falls out. The rest of the BBs are wedged in. If i hold back the tab, let the top BB fall out and whack the magazine, all the BBs spit out.

I took apart one of the mags, everthing looks normal. Everything got a solid covering in silicon oil in all mags and yet the problem persists. All I can think off is perhaps the particular bag of BBs im using has slightly bigger BBs than usual, yet Excel BBs are typically smaller than your normal BBs, so I doubt thats it.

Standard 50 round mags feed fine, so its not the MP5.
    Anybody else have all their mags suddenly stop feeding for whatever reason?
    Thanks guys.

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Did you leave the magazines loaded with BBs for a long time? It may have weakened the spring?

Also, if you are using different BBs since this started happening, try go back to the ones you were using before and see if it has any effect.

Something is causing the magazines to jam up inside and if you've changed to a different brand of BBs, my money is on that being the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

I had the same issue with KA M4 120 rnd mags. I couldn't solve it.
    The one reference i found it that silicon oil might increace friction between plactics. Try to clean mags.
    bb's might be a problems as they all have different surfaces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

some BBs arnt polished like others, especially some bio BBs and when they are in a double stack design mag they grip hold of eachother and dont feed right, as KD said, try some known good BBs in them and see if theres any change.,

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Well this is it, i've always used Excel 0.2g BBs with no problem, yet they're not feeding properly. I was also using Goldfire BBs on Sunday and the problem persisted. Internally, the magazine I took apart was as clean as a whistle.

All magazines are also stored empty, so i'm baffled....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

ok i bought a box of 'mag' 100 round magazines for my m4 and the day i got them i had this problem........

i fixed it with plenty of silicon and than left them idle for a few weeks and i was back to square 1 again....

so in order to solve this the day before i want to use them i line them all up on the draining board on a bit of news paper (unloaded) and spray sh*t loads of silicon in to them leave them for a while and fill them and unload straight away usually just in to a plastic bag just to work the springs.

i repeat this 3 or 4 times with each magazine....and come skirmish time they work like a dream:D

its a pain in the a$$ to do but it works, hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

I'll give it another go with the silicon oil, good job I have lots of cans of it. :)

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

I'll give it another go with the silicon oil, good job I have lots of cans of it. :)

Steve

i used $hit loads of it 2:eek: just keep oiling and working the springs

Advertisement