Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple HTML Question

Options
  • 16-07-2008 4:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi.

In a table data I have four lines of text each line separated by a <br>
    The text are different font sizes. The issue I am having is that the lines have space between them above and below. How do I get the lines of text closer together using simple html?

text line 1
    |
    (this space)
    |
    text line 2

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't follow, when you br, it should just go onto the next line. Is it leaving two lines space?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Post your HTML and we'll have a much better idea of what's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Assuming your text is in a <p> tag ?

you could define a reduced line height for that <p> tag in your css

p { line-height: 0.6em;}

for example ... only you'll know what you want to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

You might also get some joy if you set the cellpadding and cellspacing values in your opening <table> tag e.g. to set them both to zero:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

malice_ wrote: »
    You might also get some joy if you set the cellpadding and cellspacing values in your opening <table> tag e.g. to set them both to zero:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

Damn I originally completely missed the table data .. oops :D (ignore previous post)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Well the text could be wrapped in <p> tags inside tables cells. We won't know until the OP gets back to us.

Welcome to Boards by the way jalsahappy! :cool:

Advertisement