Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Sun Glasses

Options
  • 16-07-2008 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

Okay so i'm a contact lens wearer and somtimes on the drop in the spary back can completely blind me for a few seconds. So I have to rely on feeling only for a little bit. This can lead t omissed waves at time which can be annoying.

I've seen these sort of surfing sunglasses (Plus more expensive prescription and brand name ones in other places) and was wonderin it theyre worth a shite

Example

They may also help with the water gare when paddling out.

Anyone used them ?
    Worth a go ?
    Loose them the whole time ?
    Look like a twat ? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Hi.

I used to wear glasses, got my eyes lasered. Honestly, I couldn't recommend it more. It has changed my life. I couldn't wear contacts.

Now, surfing, sailing, snorkeling, running in the rain, driving, camping, lifting weights, sparring, taking photos, using binoculars and lots of other things I can't think of are twice as enjoyable as they were before.

I went to optilase. If you can't afford it, get a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeah you might look like a twat, who gives a f*ck though, but they might be annoying when duck diving through waves or on wipeouts, couldn't see them working myself

I'm a contact lens wearer too and had the same problem, but I just got used to closing my eyes at the right stage when catching the wave, considering laser surgery at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

there is a guy in cork who is suposed to b v good at the laser surgery...
    a bit of a hero lilke...
    cyclops_1280-thumb.jpg
    edit: forgive me, i was hammered. at least it was coherent tho. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

True snough, I was wondering about the paddling out alright. I suppose if theyre tight ... still going to loose them if you eat shit on the wave though ...

Cant say I haven't thought about the eye surgery though.

c - 13 wrote: »
    Cant say I haven't thought about the eye surgery though.

I can't tell you how amazing, painless, efficient and life changing it can be. PM me if you want details. (You can claim almost half of the money back, so getting a loan is easy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

How can you claim half of the money back?

You get a form, fill it in with your bank details and send the claim to the tax man at the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

will you get half back or 20%? sorry to be an ass!!

Your not being an ass at all... Depends on what tax bracket your on. I claimed back almost 50%. I believe if your with VIVAS you can get it done on your insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ronanoc

I got a floating sunglass band off ebay. You can set it fairly tight so it's practically stuck to your head. Has a float on the back to keep it up. It use in the boat, but I haven't worn it surfing. I imagine you'd still lose your glasses or damage them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement