Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a chimney sweep

Options
  • 16-07-2008 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

I need to get my chimney cleaned before I start lighting it again and was wondering if anybody could recommend a chimney sweep in the Navan area?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I don't know a chimney sweep but I was in woodies the other day and saw chimney rods for around €35.

Its straight forward, done it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Scottie99 wrote: »
    I don't know a chimney sweep but I was in woodies the other day and saw chimney rods for around €35.

Its straight forward, done it myself.

I agree totally! got rods ages ago after chimney sweep started charging more then the price of the rods!

Tape a plastic sheet over the fireplace and small hole for the rods to go through and bobs your uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I'll PM you a number tomorrow, does all the chimneys in my locality :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I'll PM you a number tomorrow, does all the chimneys in my locality :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

We got our chimneys swept years ago by a guy called Martin Smyth (I think that's his name). Nice guy and very professional. he's based in Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mattym

I couldnt fault Martin Smyth, did a fine job in my house. I fear there would be a black coating on everything in the house if i chanced it myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thnaks Lads. I heard his name been mentioned before.I should be able to get a number for him in the phone book

Advertisement