Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPS Question

• 16-07-2008 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Here's the story. Sent my Xbox 360 for repair about 2 weeks ago and have been keeping an eye on the tracking number I recieved in the email saying it was shipped. All along it has been saying "On Time" and delivery was due today. I've just checked it again and there is now an "exception" - the package got sent to the depot in Cork (wtf???) and will not be delivered until 22nd July.

Now this is where the problem is. I'm going to Spain on Friday for 10 days and will not be here to recieve it. I have nowhere I can redirect it to either. Would I be right in saying that I should be able to demand that the package is transferred to the Limerick depot today, and I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon? I can't believe they fcuked it up, what were they doing sending it to Cork?? Its bad enough having to send it for repair without these useless UPS bastards making a dogs bollocks of the delivery as well. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hard to believe it would take until the 22nd. Try calling them and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, I've had UPS screw up deliveries before, even with all details on the package being correct (whenever, they screw up, they mark it as an "exception", then add some bulls**t excuse - e.g. incorrect address details - to cover themselves with the sender). However, as Sad Professor said, you should try calling them (in fact, they may not send it out again until you do contact them, because of whatever the exception was...) and explain the situation. You should be able to get it delivered to the depot of your choice and then pick it up yourself. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Went to the depot and checked it out with them. Explained that it was unacceptable for it to go to the wrong depot after waiting that long for it, and that their new delivery date was not suitable as I wouldn't be in the country to recieve it. After much arguing with possibly one of the most arrogant people ever, they have agreed to have it transferred to the correct depot by 8am tomorrow morning. Cheers for the replies lads, looks like a happy ending... :D

Well...it will be happy until it breaks again, then I will unleash the apocalypse on Microsoft! :D

Advertisement