Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Succubus - Has one destroyed your friend?

• 16-07-2008 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

As what it says above - Guy dates chick, and she changes him.
    Funny thing is with my mate she decided to change him 6 months into the relationship. Why change the person you fell for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Needless to say, the beast was stunned.
    Whip-crack went his Whoopy tail,
    And the beast was done.
    He asked us: "(snort) Be you angels?"
    And we said, "Nay. We are but men."
    Rock!
    Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh-ah-ah,
    Ohhh, whoah, ah-whoah-oh

No, haven't seen any lately. I will be vigilant.

Happened to one of my friends but he broke it off with her. She was a psycho though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I overheard my mates missus sayin that "she loved him, but he needed a new image" two days later my mate dumped her... moral victory i guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Yep, one recently took a mate of mine, he's now learning spanish and has moved to spain with her after 7 months together....probably won't see him until he's dumped and comes home realizing she is a suckubus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sherifu wrote: »
    And the beast was done.
    Rock!
    Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh-ah-ah,
    Ohhh, whoah, ah-whoah-oh

And on the third day the Lord did quote Tenacious D and it was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

There's a certain point in every relationship when you stop becoming the object of their affections and become a project to be worked on. That's a quote, forget where I saw it though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Your friend is weak and deserves everything he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

One got her claws into a mate of mine about 5 years ago. We haven't seen him in 3 years. She completely changed him. She was even with someother guys in the first few months while they were going out. He works and she stays at home to 'mind the house'. She's got him to buy her a new car, sent her on trips to the US, etc.

I hear they're getting married now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Some change is good and if they're things you think need changing then cool. All too often though if the guy actually changes to what she thinks she wants, she'll then lose interest and then look for a guy who won't change. just an extension of the usual woman tests man for boundaries stuff.

It is a woman thing too. Very very few men do this. Can you imagine if you suggested to a girlfriend, lose weight/change/die your hair/change your clothes etc? jebus the fall out would be massive.:D

Doesn't Korvanica mean little lady parts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

My two favorite things are commitment and changing myself.

Yeah I've had it happen to a few friends. Listen to what happened to one of them there recently.

My mate has been going out with this girl on and off for like 2 years. She is a PHYSCHO though but he just cant live without her. Both are from pretty well off respectable families which makes what happened there the other week even more unbelievable. They were out in a club and had an argument & he walked off for a while to JUST talk to some other girl who is a known mate. His mrs comes over and shouts at him

''So you'll talk to her but not me!!?''

*Redbull + vodka splashed into his face*

*Smacks him over the head with the glass....*

He had to go to the hospital & they broke up after it about a month ago but got back together...... Christ... how far does someone have to go before the victim/slave has to just say this is too much? We've been giving him stick since hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

KaG1888 wrote: »

''So you'll talk to her but not me!!?''

*Redbull + vodka splashed into his face*

*Smacks him over the head with the glass....*

He had to go to the hospital & they broke up after it about a month ago but got back together...... Christ... how far does someone have to go before the victim/slave has to just say this is too much? We've been giving him stick since hahaha

Seriously, she would have been falcon punched back to Hades.

Thats what I said, absolute head case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

yes. it's painful to see just how strong a grip she has on him and his testicles. so I went up to her one day and said "what the hell do you want with him, you damn Succubus" and you know what she said?

Succubus: "I need about tree-fiddy"

well it was about that time I noticed this succubus was a 20ft tall crustacean from the Paleozoic era so I said "get the hell outta here you god damn Loch Ness monster! I ain't giving you tree-fiddy!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

The Bollox wrote: »
    yes. it's painful to see just how strong a grip she has on him and his testicles. so I went up to her one day and said "what the hell do you want with him, you damn Succubus" and you know what she said?

well it was about that time I noticed this succubus was a 20ft tall crustacean from the Paleozoic era so I said "get the hell outta here you god damn Loch Ness monster! I ain't giving you tree-fiddy!"

I gave him a dollar

The Bollox wrote: »

That was so eleven posts ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Sex on tap ?

I wish...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Sex on tap is powerful enough to change any man.

If you're having sex with a tap what would you need a girlfriend for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Earthhorse wrote: »
    If you're having sex with a tap what would you need a girlfriend for?

To bring you water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

That was so eleven posts ago!

ah you mean this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYhCP...eature=related

I don't have access to youtube in work so I couldn't watch it
    jebus wrote:
    I gave him a dollar

he gave him a dollar! wait what you go givin' him a dollar for? no wonder he keeps coming back if you keep giving him money!

So then he said "well how about just two fiddy?"

Oh! So now it's just two fiddy! What is there some kind of sale on Loch Ness Munchies! Damn monster, get off my lawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

to quote a great man..

Heck, I wouldn't give Satan a snowball's chance in Hell against a woman's ego. He'd rule the earth for a day, then we'd see him outside, mowing the lawn.
    "Hey, aren't you Satan?"
    "Shut up."
    "Ooh, Mr. Prince of Darkness, you forgot the edge back there."
    "Shut up."
    You'll see him at the supermarket
    "Tampons, aisle three …"
    "Aren't you Satan?"
    "Shut up."
    "You're pussy-whipped!"
    "No, I'm Satan! Grrr!"
    "You're not Prince of Darkness, you're Pussy-whipped of Darkness!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Sex on tap ?

I wish...:rolleyes:

ooooOOOOOooooh, Livingdeadgirl will hear about this ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Sherifu wrote: »
    And the beast was done.
    Rock!
    Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh-ah-ah,
    Ohhh, whoah, ah-whoah-oh

Is that a "Tribute"? ;)

To bring you water?

But if you have a girlfriend to bring you water why would you need a tap?

*strokes chin*

But if you have a girlfriend to bring you water why would you need a tap?

*strokes chin*

To have sex with obviously.

But if your girlfriend's sleeping with the tap why would you need to have sex?

*starts PI thread*

But if your girlfriend's sleeping with the tap why would you need to have sex?

*starts PI thread*

"I tapped that then she did :("

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

This actually happened to a female friend of mine who had a male succubus. Before she got with him, she was confident, outgoing and always up for going out for drinks/lunch/dinner/anything. After a few months with him, she hardly ever went out, and if she did it was with him stuck to her. he wouldn't even let her dance in a nightclub. She wouldn't even meet up for lunch because he would walk from his work over to us to have lunch with her every day.

Guys can be psychos too ya know :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Piste wrote: »
    ooooOOOOOooooh, Livingdeadgirl will hear about this ;)

You wouldn't !!

>_>
    <_<

I know one or two people totally owned by their other halfs alright, can be funny sometimes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

my best mate is unrecognisable now. All of his friends dont see him anymore except me. To break the friendship she made him pay for the 2 of them to go around the world for a year which resulted in him paying for everything.

Its been going on for 8 years now, im starting to worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

boogle wrote: »
    This actually happened to a female friend of mine who had a male succubus. Before she got with him, she was confident, outgoing and always up for going out for drinks/lunch/dinner/anything. After a few months with him, she hardly ever went out, and if she did it was with him stuck to her. he wouldn't even let her dance in a nightclub. She wouldn't even meet up for lunch because he would walk from his work over to us to have lunch with her every day.

None of my business but good chance that bloke was giving her a few digs to make sure she knew where she stood too.

red_ice wrote: »
    my best mate is unrecognisable now. All of his friends dont see him anymore except me. To break the friendship she made him pay for the 2 of them to go around the world for a year which resulted in him paying for everything.

Its been going on for 8 years now, im starting to worry.

I think its too late my friend. I have 2 or 3 mates that this has happened to but not over that long a period! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That's the way it's supposed to be.
    Damn sufragettes.

I have a friend who, after a house, several cars and eventually a baby, saw the light.
    Took him seven or eight years though and he's with a nice girl now. One who, when he goes for a few drinks with his friends, doesn't ring him after half an hour and pretend to be sick.

The succubus actually broke up with him a week after he bought her a new car.
    He took it back.

Another friend is with a succubus, but is winning the battle.
    It's really funny watching her trying to change his ways. He's the most stubborn bastard I've ever known.

The rest of my friends are with nice girls, so I will therefore assume that succubi are few and far between.

Everyone sing backwards now.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Joe's fanclub

Can I ask where the word succubus comes from? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Succubus: succ-u-bus, noun. To suck on bus, to give fellatio to a bus, to suck diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

It comes from Wikipedia

[edit]
    The word "succubus" comes from an alteration of the Late Latin succuba meaning "strumpet". The word itself is derived from the Latin prefix "sub-" which means "below, underneath", and the verb "cubo" which means "I lie". So a succubus is someone who lies under another person, whereas an incubus (Latin "in-" in this case stands for "on top") is someone who lies on top of another person.

heh:
    The word succubus has evolved a modern use as a slang misogynistic perjorative, describing a woman who changes the personality of her male sexual partner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

male succubus
    Incubus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A friend of mine was with a pyscho-ho' for a good while. Man, she had him whipped..........liquorice whipped. They would get into the biggest of fights if he was seen talking to girls we knew (To the point where she told him they were barred from coming to his house :P)

Ah, many a good drinking session was cut short because she would ring him and next thing he'd say to us: "I gotta go lads, chat ye tomorrow, yea?" Night over! Or we would be in the pub and next thing she arrives and wants to go to the cinema and watch a rom-com..............Night over!

He once gave her a rang as a gift but, unfortunately, for him she went about telling everyone that he proposed to her and they were getting married :eek: When he told me that I thought he was bullshìtting until I was in college one evening and I heard her talking to her friends, the lot of them cackling "Whens the big day!?!" :eek:

After 3 years the fool eventually got rid her but I think she still pesters him.

WHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIP-EEEEEESSSSSHHH!!!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    He once gave her a rang as a gift but, unfortunately, for him she went about telling everyone that he proposed to her and they were getting married :eek: When he told me that I thought he was bullshìtting until I was in college one evening and I heard her talking to her friends, the lot of them cackling "Whens the big day!?!" :eek:

After 3 years the fool eventually got rid her but I think she still pesters him.

WHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIP-EEEEEESSSSSHHH!!!

Thats hilarious, if I ever get with a girl like that god - just ****ing make me get hit by a big bus (make sure im drunk though).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

A college mate of mine been seeing a girl for like 2 years, she controlled every part of his life up until 2 weeks ago when he finally seen sense and had the balls to tell the bitc* to get *****d. He seems alot happier already lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

My best mate is currently nice and warm living under his girlfriends thumb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Terry wrote: »
    Another friend is with a succubus, but is winning the battle.
    It's really funny watching her trying to change his ways. He's the most stubborn bastard I've ever known.

Brilliant. Fair play to him for not giving in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

lol, yea, she made him quit smoking, quit smoking ganj, pulls a freaker whenever he does have a bit of a toke, after about a month she chose loads of clothes for him which he had to pay for and made him look gay, he lives with me and i see him about 1 max 2 nights a week, he either at her place or upstairs in his room with her, she Nerver hangs out with the group (all our other gfs do) and at parties she will not come unless her best friend is there, even then she drags 4 or 5 ppl into my mates room, includin my mate.... Poor guy. and the funny thing is he is coming to holland with us on monday, wonder what shell say to that :)

Yes many times.

I almost fell into that trap in my first serious relationship. I initially changed a bit, IE i calmed down on the goin out al the time and dressed a bit better, but then when I realised what a douche I had become I went back to being just me. She then resented me for it ever after and we had a bad breakup and never talk now!

2 of my best friends have succubus syndrome:

1st one keeps goin back to "the love of his life" despite her bein a **use your imagination** to be around, NOBODy in my group of friends enjoys her company and yet she acts like she owns the place and is above us all! He keeps goin back for more and Ive no idea why. He disappeared off the face of the earth for about 8 months a few years back....sad really.

Another friend was in an absolute car crash of a relationship, both pissheads, her needy and bossy. I remember they were having a row over the phone one night when I met up with him cos I hadnt seen him in 3 weeks (as he;d spent all his time with her) and she was at him saying he didnt see her enough and didnt take her seriously! His reply was "Please, I'll change" :rolleyes:...I lost some respect for him that day, yes thats an awful thing to say and Im going to hell. He also stopped doing his hobbies because she thought it made him "common"....(playing soccer:rolleyes:)

I dunno, I tend to hang up or walk away on girlfriends when they start that "You're not givin me enough attention" crap...unless its warranted but if I spent 2 of the 3 days/nights of the weekend with her and got that then Ive no time for it. No wonder Im single!! :pac: