Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just finished GTA, what next?

• 16-07-2008 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I finished GTA last night. What now? Are people here who have finished still playing?

Anyone else disappointed by the ending?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Once I got 100% in singleplayer, I played multiplayer for about a week and I've not touched it since.

The ending didn't disappoint me, I thought the story was quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The story was good but there was no real end sequence or final scene once you kill
    dimitri

So multiplayer is pants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's not pants, just didn't really get into it. Lots of bickering in voice chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It's not pants, just didn't really get into it. Lots of bickering in voice chat.

I hear that! I was doing a GTA race (with weapons) and an american guy was crying at me and insulting me cos I rammed him of the road! what a knob! it's not like we were playing Forza ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Haven't touched it. Cleared it twice for both endings. Played it online for a bit and haven't touched it since. Waiting on the DLC and when it's announced will probably get back into it to brush off the rust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

I still play it a fair bit. Collecting stevie's cars is good fun, as are the street races. I'm doing stuff like the "most wanted" and finishing off the assassination missions too. I think I'm in the minority but I'm enjoying the non-story game as much as have in any GTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

assuming you have a 360, gta imo is way worse in multiplayer than the likes of halo 3, gears, call of duty 4,... and recently bad company (im loving the campain and online its great:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

silvine wrote: »
    I finished GTA last night. What now? Are people here who have finished still playing?

Well Mercs 2 and Saints Row 2 are coming out soon so they'll give you a free roaming third person actiony fix for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Merc? Saints Row??? Meh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

If you're finished with GTA, time to play GTA2!

• Advertisement

Or MGS4... or you could just support the Madchester Music Forum!!! :D

Nailz wrote: »
    or you could just support the Madchester Music Forum!!! :D

I'd rather try eating a bag of spanners! :D

Saints Row & Mercs are looking pretty sweet I reckon, we're gonna need something to tide us over till GTA5....

Far Cry 2, while not Third Person is free roaming over 50 freaking kilometres of African Terrain so that should keep you going a while. It's due for release in october.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Yeah I watched the trailer on Xbox Live. It looks good. I think it's back to COD4 multiplayer till then!

I'd rather try eating a bag of spanners! :D
    Well let me tell ya, it ain't what it's made up to be. C'mon dude support it for my sake! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Just sit back and wait for gears of war 2 mofo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

silvine wrote: »

take a differant routew to the games ending ??

like do certin missions first instead of others,

Beat the game with only the use of say the pistol ( unless you need to use a sniper rifle or such )

always do things like that to keep me going.

S.I.R wrote: »
    take a differant routew to the games ending ??

like do certin missions first instead of others,

Beat the game with only the use of say the pistol ( unless you need to use a sniper rifle or such )

always do things like that to keep me going.

Haha yeah I love this kind of ****. Did you ever try going through Bioshock with just the Spanner and Plasmids? Great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

if you dont want to do missions or your finished the game then theres not really anything else to do in gta4 unlike in the last ones where people only did missions to unlock more stuff to do.
    if youre looking for free roaming then fable is the game, out in october. should be brilliant

I'm no fan of Fable or the likes, not modern enough! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well im cod-ed out of it at the moment so im off to do the missions all over again..3rd times a charm...cause im sorry but i really cant be arsed gonig after 200 or so pigeons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just finished the game the other day and now looking to finish off some of the achievements. Printed out pigeon locations and used vids on youtube for the trickier ones. 199 pigeons later i have everything ticked off my list. Very annoying. Can I stomach going through them all again to find one I missed?

djkeogh wrote: »
    Just finished the game the other day and now looking to finish off some of the achievements. Printed out pigeon locations and used vids on youtube for the trickier ones. 199 pigeons later i have everything ticked off my list. Very annoying. Can I stomach going through them all again to find one I missed?

Ouch! that'll hurt! i was collecting the flying rats myself, i did the whole part of one island but realised i'd missed one along the way, there was no way i was gonna trawl back through everywhere to find it!

I can only imagine how pissed you are!

Advertisement