Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Grants etc!!

Options
  • 16-07-2008 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Ok, i took a year out 07/08 to chill. Now im going back in september and am trying to apply for the grant. My local Counsel are asking for a letter from the college that basically says im going to be attending college this year. Like some kind or regristration letter.
    Ive checked my programme office and with the student desk, neither can give me this letter. Anyone have any ideas anyone else get this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Did you start your course and then take a year out after a year or two or did you defer for a year after leaving cert? Cause I think that might make a difference.

Maybe talk to the people at the fees and grants office.

Sorry I'm not more help, but if you are a registered student I would have thought that the student desk could give you a letter saying same!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Try talking to your student advisor, they tend to be amazingly useful for sorting out these issues.

Check out www.studentfinance.ie too. Lots of useful info is available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

cheers, yea i did 2 years then took the year out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

you might have to have registered for the course, as proof that you are returning. either way, ask around.

Advertisement