Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The how long it took to get your test thread.

Options
  • 16-07-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

As the title says, how long did it take you to get your test from applying to the date you sat your test?
    Reply with a number of weeks, and roughly what month you applied.
    This is not a thread for discussion, any off topic posts will result in a banning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jodyanne

Finglas - 6 weeks between application date and test.
    Applied 5th June, day I failed the last one - sob :(
    >> I rang RSA after two weeks and found out I was outsourced to SGS so rang up SGS before I even got a letter and got the earliest date they had.

Raheny - 10 weeks between application date and original test date issued.
    Applied 6th June
    >> Was again outsourced to SGS, managed to get a different date one week earlier by using their online booking system so 9 weeks wait in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Tallaght - 3 weeks Sept 2006.

I didn't refer to my retest as I got a work letter to hurry it up, but August 2007, Tallaght, 6 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭techdiver

Churchtown/Deansgrange 20 weeks.

Still waiting + test was cancelled for no reason and pushed out another month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Kilkenny - 27 weeks. My initial date was cancelled and resheduled 6 weeks later.

I applied on 9th November and did the test on 16th May.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Deansgrange SGS - 19 weeks first time, 7 weeks 2nd time, 12 weeks 3rd time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Fonthill SGS, 14 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Maybe we should include a rough date of when you applied aswell? Just to gauge the change as the months progress. Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 student07

waiting 7 weeks - had applyed in may. rang rsa to see wat was going on. immediately got transferred to sgs. booked the earliest i could find in tallaght - 4wks wait.
    total - 11 wks

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

I applied for my first test in august 2007, took till mid february to get a date so approximately 28 weeks. That was before the announcement of the new laws.

After failing that test I reapplied straight away and had a test confirmed for early april, less than 5 weeks.

So I've been on both sides of the fence with regards to the average waiting times. Both times the test was applied for in Finglas but the SGS issued the test in Ballymun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

applied for first test at the end of July 07 got test at the start of febuary '08 so roughly 30 something weeks [Kilkenny RSA]. Applied for test number 2 at the start of febuary and got test for first week in April so bout 8/9ish weeks with Kilkenny SGS which was canceled due to one of their testers being involved in a crash while testing someone - new test date given for end of july no good as I'm in new york from may till august so rang up and yelled till I got test for 4 days later in april - passed phew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭techdiver

Maybe we should include a rough date of when you applied aswell? Just to gauge the change as the months progress. Thanks lads.

Churchtown/Deansgrange 20 weeks.

I applied in late April and heard nothing for about 2 months. I then managed to get my SGS reference from the RSA (after trying for 2 weeks to call them/email etc), and arranged date of 7th August with SGS.

That was then cancelled without explanation and I was issued yesterday with a new date of 9th of September, pushing it out a further month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

I applied Near the end of october last for Churchtown, and got SGS Pottery Road on 22nd Feb. So approx 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Applied in Cork around April 15th, got July 17th with SGS in Blackrock. So about 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Turbidine

First test:
    Applied may 2007, Churchtown, waited 3 weeks. Applied with letter from employer. Failed.

Second test:
    Applied june 2007, Churchtown, waited 6 weeks. Applied with letter from employer. Failed.

Third test:
    Applied august 2007, Rathgar, waited almost a year (test mid July 2008). Applied with letter from employer. Passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

Mod edit.
    <Read the first post>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

Applied on the 29th May, Got a letter from SGS with a provisional date of 25th August, But got it changed to 18th July, This friday!

So originally it should have been just under 12 weeks, but new date, I was waiting 7 weeks. Give or take a few days!

Applied November 13th, Tested May 19th..

25 weeks

Test in Rathgar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Applied April or May 2007, waited 7 weeks. (Skibbereen, RSA.)

Applied August 2007, waited about 25 weeks. (Skibbereen, SGS.)

Applied February 2008, waited 18 weeks. (Skibbereen, SGS.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

MOD EDIT!
    READ THE FIRST POST.
    ANY MORE OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL RESULT IN A WEEKS BAN!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Finglas RSA - Applied in May '08, took 8 weeks. Bumped to Ballymun SGS and passed.

Interesting statistics coming to light here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Applied for my first test (on 1st provisional) and received my date 5weeks after applying but I delayed it for another 2 due to NCT due on car and i wanted a few days lee-way after NCT just-in-case ...

Re-applied on June14th and no date yet for my second test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Applied April 1st for Raheny.
    Got a test in Baldoyle for 24th May.
    So waited about 8 weeks.

Had previously applied to Raheny last summer and got a date for April 1st this year so it's vast improvement from a 44 week wait to an 8 week one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

First test – applied to Tallaght at the beginning of December and got offered a test at the beginning of March and sat it in the SGS centre in Tallaght in the middle of March

Second test – applied as soon as I got home from failing the first one and got a letter saying I would be sitting it in SGS in Fonthill at the end of June. Rang up and asked if they had anything earlier because I would be away at the time in the US and actually needed the licence to drive there and got a test in SGS in Tallaght for the beginning of June. Passed it.

So: 12 weeks and 9 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Newbridge SGS

Applied March 27th - test next Friday 25th July

17 weeks

Hopefully I'll never have to apply again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

This is going back a little,
    Applied mid Jan 2000 for Portlaoise. Got test in mid October(passed thankfully),so about 36weeks. Good to see waiting times coming down in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Churchtown RSA - applied for end of May, sat end of June, so approx 4 weeks. This was with a letter from work.

Churchtown again, applied for mid June, no date as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Applied on RSA site 04 May 2008
    Got Letter from SGS 16 June 2008 (To arrange a date)
    Booked test for July 29th (Although they did offer me July 22nd)

So yeah..11/12 weeks.

Im doing the test in the Blackrock center in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

got the call test anbd they only gave me 1 week notice
    Just to give a comment from another thread!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

applied on the 11th June for Finglas, still waiting on a test date:(

have had to give my car away in the mean time :(

Edit: i have just been on to the test centre and apparently my test date was today but they never sent me a letter and someone was supposed to phone me:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

1st-
    Applied 6th Sept 07, test 6th March 08 (26weeks) RSA Raheny

2nd-
    Applied 7th March 08, test 17th May 08 (10weeks) SGS Baldoyle (passed) :)

Advertisement