Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash CV Examples

Options
  • 16-07-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Im just about to start a course in Flash this summer with the aim of producing a CV in Flash.

I was just wondering if people could show me examples of their work or maybe point me in the right direction for decent tutorials etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Just wondering why you would want to do this.
    Most employers want a cv on a plain page they can print...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Yep, companies don't want cv's in any other format than word (.doc file). Tried it myself and it didn't go down too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Keep it simple, keep it in .doc format.

Flash would most likely go straight into the bin and rightly too imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

most companies will have a **** fit if you send them a cv in pdf format why i don't know let alone in a swf format or whatever, too tied down to .doc i suppose.

golden rule of CV -

K - keep
    I - it
    S - simple,
    S - stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

I have no intension of sending companies this I just wanted to create one to practise flash and just to post up on my site once its complete.

I want to learn flash over the summer and thought the CV might be a good project

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

A CV in Flash - this course doesn't seem too good if they make you do non practical things that you will never use again nor make again.

It was just something I wanted to do during the summer to get familiar with flash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Webmonkey wrote: »
    A CV in Flash - this course doesn't seem too good if they make you do non practical things that you will never use again nor make again.

+1

I wish to god you'd said Portfolio in flash instead of CV :)

OK OK Lets start again!! lol

I want to create a portfolio in Flash. If anyone could give me an example of this or point me in the right direction it would be great!

Mikebyrne wrote: »
    OK OK Lets start again!! lol

I want to create a portfolio in Flash. If anyone could give me an example of this or point me in the right direction it would be great!

google + flash + portfolio = do a bit of research and see yourself what you want to aim at ?

• Advertisement

Dont think im allowed to post links but this is what gave me the idea

http://www.ilovetotravel.co.uk/cv/

Don't see why you can't post links ...

Ok that is an actual CV ...

I guess if you can't think of anything else to do you might as well do something like it.

I'd personally think it'd be better to get obsessive about a band and put together a tribute site or something. Could appeal to more people.

Basically whats on that is what. .. 6 Scenes ....some fades ? ... motion tweens ... few buttons .... and thats about it ?

So from that you should be looking for tutorials on

Motion Tweens / Shape Tweens
    Buttons
    Actionscript

To be honest there'll be lots of ways of going around it.

Ideally you'd really look into doing loading an XML doc ... which contains the text.

You'd embed the font sets you're going to use in the flash file.

Hmm... if you're just starting out with flash .. well its probably a nice little project for yourself to do but I'd still think about doing up a site for a local group or something that may be more interesting to people than your cv

Advertisement