Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are the bad parts of this Nutrition Info?

• 16-07-2008 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Serving Size 65g /per 100g

Energy 1112kj/270 cal/1854kj/450cal

Protein 5g /8g

Fat total 11g /10g

-Saturated 6g /10g

Cholestrol <5mg/<8mg

Carbs 38g/63g

-sugars 10g/17g

Dietry Fibre 1g/2g

Sodium 1810mg/3017mg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

WindSock wrote: »

Protein 5g /8g

Fat total 11g /10g

-Saturated 6g /10g

Cholestrol <5mg/<8mg

Carbs 38g/63g

-sugars 10g/17g

Dietry Fibre 1g/2g

Sodium 1810mg/3017mg

Are you serious, asking this question. and there has been some errors also in the figures given.

saturated fat is outrageously high, how can the fat for 65g be 6g/11g & for 100g be 10g/10g.

Sugar & sodium are also arguable high.

what is this a mars bar/butter cake or something. maybe deep - fried mars bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

1.81 g of sodium in 65 grams means there's 4.5g of salt! That's very high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

We need the ingredients list too, and what is the product in question.

e.g. what would you think of this food

per 100g
    684 kcal
    protein 5g
    Total fat 69g
    sat fat 61g
    Carbs 22g

24.5 UK WW points per 100g
    dessicated coconut with nothing added
    how can the fat for 65g be 6g/11g & for 100g be 10g/10g
    I have seen mistakes like this on various food items, dunno if they get fined or anything. They could claim it is a typo but a clever marketer could use this excuse to purposely mislead people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

As rubdub said you really need to know what food it is to put it in context. But if the serving size is 65g (and recommended servings are often small portions) we can probably assume it is something you would eat a relatively decent amount of . Personally I think 38g of carbs per serving (10g of which are sugar) is a lot, but without knowing what it is, you don't really know if you're getting value for those carbs or not.

is this gonna turn into a 'guess the food' game or is the OP gonna put us out of our misery? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'll put you out of your misery. It's a Tom-Yum flavour instant noodle bowl. I know it's probably suicide to be eating it. I guess I would be better off eating a Spar made sandwich? (I know salad would be better again, but meh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'll put you out of your misery. It's a Tom-Yum flavour instant noodle bowl. I know it's probably suicide to be eating it. I guess I would be better off eating a Spar made sandwich? (I know salad would be better again, but meh)
    Wow, it must be loaded with MSG or salt. :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Protein 5g /8g

Fat total 11g /10g

-Saturated 6g /10g

Cholestrol <5mg/<8mg

Carbs 38g/63g

-sugars 10g/17g

Dietry Fibre 1g/2g

Sodium 1810mg/3017mg

I wouldn't be happy with any of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

omg, that is so bad. remember that before about noodles - a surprisingly bad food item.

10g grams of saturated fat though, that is like instant blocked arteries in a bowl

Advertisement