Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'Scrap Cash-Cow Speed Cameras'

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

I'm all for keeping this on topic if certain high horse's would ease off. We like cars on this forum, not high horses.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just ignore him ...he's not for changing :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I like the French way - fixed speed cameras are signposted around 500m in advance and are also on a government supplied map. From my experience they seem to be at dodgy spots.

They still have mobile traps but they appear to be notified in the morning papers.

I don't mind speed cameras if they are at actual blackspots - places which have incidents and which can't be patrolled by a guy with a radar gun. I do mind speed traps that are in clear areas with good lines of sight and excellent spaces for avoidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

My point was about discipline and the lack thereof. No doubt the same driver will, deliberately ignore speed limits as casually and grossly as she ignored the red lights and stop line.
    That's quite a leap. Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but at least you're consistent in your guilty-until- proven-innocent approach.

Advertisement