Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registering a New Car Imported from NI on Friday - Help!

Options
  • 16-07-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

The company I work for has bought a Madza 6 2.0 Diesel TS2 from a Madza Dealer in Northern Ireland due for delivery at the dealers today and be delivered to us on Friday.

I have to look after the registeration of the car.

1. Dealer has to register the car in NI and tax it for 6 months. (Wed & Thurs), this doesnt sound right but I will leave it be. Thought dealer fills in Form 411 and puts export plates on the car.

2. I have to re-register it here on Friday. Which form do I use?

I have two here, one for new cars and one for new and used cars. I am thinking the form for new and used cars looks more appropriate.

3. VRT is showing that CO2 emissions are 174g whereas Madza site shows 147g (Typo?). Cert of conformity should be 147g which should be with the car on Friday. Is this Cert seperate from V5 or included on V5. Will the VRO give the lower rate?

4. Vat has to be paid as well. Does anyone have any experience of how they calculate this. I know they need the supplier invoice but I cant be walking around with signed blank company cheques (be nice though :D) so it would be nice to know before hand.

I have registered the GF's car back in February which was very simple, things seem a bit more complex now with the cock up in CO2 emissions according to VRO site.

Thanks for help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

The mazda site and your v5 should have the correct c02 reading. The vrt site has the wrong info, they have the wrong info on lots of cars. For emaple they have the c02 of a 3.2 v6 engine alfa 147 which gets 25 mpg as a lower c02 than a 2 litre regular model 147.
    But it doesn't matter as they go from the v5 anyway, makes a mockery though of the vrt site.

Advertisement