Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limescale remover

Options
  • 16-07-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

I'm looking (well my dad is looking for it and I'm the bloody internet researcher) for a descalling solution for a heating system.

Not looking for one of those descalling systems just trying to see if there's a way to add something to the water system to get rid of the limescale in radiators etc, any help or advice would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

not certain that lime-scale is an issue in the rads, anyway google for fernox for some ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

furex maybe?

it's a kettle descaler very effective, but not very likely having limescale in your radiators? generally that water is running through them is isolated so is never in contact with contaminants such as line. That is in an indirect system like.

maybe you need to drain the line and run inhibitor through the pipes. But as the above poster said some googling should unearth many answers, or visit your local hardware store, they'll set you right... And by hardware store i don't mean woodies :(

Advertisement