Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"MASTERPLAN" KEEPING THE QUEEN HAPPY

Options
  • 16-07-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I had been under a lot of pressure since the purchase of my new bike to spend more time with my Girlfriend as every spare moment was spent on my new bike. Having a house together I suppose its fair to say I was neglecting my duties a little ha ha.

So I went to Cyclesuperstore at the weekend with her and bought her a bike. She gets to exercise and we spend time together !!! Have done a couple of spins this week and she loves it ..Happy days

INGENIUS ME THINKS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    I had been under a lot of pressure since the purchase of my new bike to spend more time with my Girlfriend as every spare moment was spent on my new bike. Having a house together I suppose its fair to say I was neglecting my duties a little ha ha.

So I went to Cyclesuperstore at the weekend with her and bought her a bike. She gets to exercise and we spend time together !!! Have done a couple of spins this week and she loves it ..Happy days

INGENIUS ME THINKS

How nice of you ( she'll probably kick your butt in a few weeks and you won't be able to keep up with her anymore hahaha )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

How nice of you ( she'll probably kick your butt in a few weeks and you won't be able to keep up with her anymore hahaha )

In a few weeks ??
    she kicks my arse already

In a few weeks ??
    she kicks my arse already

Good job Mrs BUACHAILL !!! hehe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Good idea. You'll be grand as long as she doesn't spot this thread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I had the same scenario a few months back so bought her a trek 1000. now i just need to get her out more on it as at the moment she isn't up to the pace at all so i don't get any sort of training in when i'm out with her but that's to be expected as she hasn't ridden a bike in yrs. She's loving it too though thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

You need to trade in your missus' -Mine has no interest in cycling, yet loves that I do it, so lets me out whenever I want and says nothing when I lavish loads of money on bike bits -even went down to the post office to pick up all our gear after the first round of orders...

Mrs Tiny = legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Hmmm gotta wonder why she's so keen on you going off cycling for hours on end, no? :)

You need to trade in your missus' -Mine has no interest in cycling, yet loves that I do it, so lets me out whenever I want and says nothing when I lavish loads of money on bike bits -even went down to the post office to pick up all our gear after the first round of orders...

Mrs Tiny = legend! :D

agh no Miss Buachaill is a legend couldnt trade her in sure who else would have me !!

Just so happens I am a bigger legend and she wants me around all the time thats all ha ha, She hasnt cycled in years either so like Bambaata I go for the spins with her as a night off etc. Although that said even in the few spins we have had I have noticed a big difference in her cycling

kenmc wrote: »
    Hmmm gotta wonder why she's so keen on you going off cycling for hours on end, no? :)

Kenmc I was trying to be nice and not highlight the fact ha ha !!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

INGENIUS ME THINKS

Me tried that a couple of years ago(with a Specialized Hybrid), she used it twice and then decided she didn't like it. Bike has been hanging in the shed ever since !!

• Advertisement

Me tried that a couple of years ago(with a Specialized Hybrid), she used it twice and then decided she didn't like it. Bike has been hanging in the shed ever since !!

Yeah and I fear that could happen a few weeks down the road also but the thing is I have made the effort or so I keep telling myself

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Yeah and I fear that could happen a few weeks down the road also but the thing is I have made the effort or so I keep telling myself

Absolutely right - thats all you can do

To be quite honest, and I know for a fact ... ( and I am not saying that applies to ALL of us ) cause I am one of them, it's hard to get a women interrested in cycling or in anything else than Hair, nails, makeup, clothes and kittens.

My friends think I am nuts, I actually lost most my female friends when I took up cycling. The only female person who encourages me is my mother.... ( love you mommy )

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Well I wouldn't let her see this thread title for a start.

Seriously though, cycling does take a fair amount of time and can mean you're out of the house a lot. My better half is working night and day at the moment, which lets me get a lot in guilt free. When she isn't, I try to structure my riding to suit us. For example, I'd do my evening spins on nights she's working late, or get out as early as possible on weekend mornings, because she likes a lie in.

She rides too, but not near as much as me which means she'd be a lot slower. I'd usually just stay in the small ring and spin away when I'm out with her. We'd also do stuff like cycle up to Sutton Cross, where she'd turn around and I'd go around Howth Head and try and catch her on the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

My strategy when out on the bike with the better half, who has just started doing triathlons is to spin very, very light gears until the hills come. Then I whack it into 53-11 and suffer up it in the saddle. Good power training and she gets up slightly before or behind me, depending on the hill. We both get home with a good workout done.

Advertisement