Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Year Exams , Do they count towards your final degree

• 16-07-2008 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi , hope the title of the thread is self explanatory. I've heard numerous different accounts of how 1st exams do and don't count towards a final degree. I'm in Financial and Actuarial Maths , exemptions aside , can someone please explain the breakdown of the mark given in your final degree...

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Hi , hope the title of the thread is self explanatory. I've heard numerous different accounts of how 1st exams do and don't count towards a final degree. I'm in Financial and Actuarial Maths , exemptions aside , can someone please explain the breakdown of the mark given in your final degree...

Many thanks
    No they don't. I'm just finished second year FM and if my exams went toward the end exam i'd be in a lot of trouble!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Many thanks

Lol.

I'm just finished in FM4 and I can 100% confirm that neither 1st, 2nd or 3rd year count towards your overall degree grade. Concentrate on getting exemptions, passing your exams and having a laugh in the mean time. You've a while to go before you should be worrying bout results.

Edit: For anyone wanting a more detailed breakdown here you go. You do 8 subjects in final year, 4 in Semester 1, 4 in Semester 2. They're all worth 7.5 credits so your overall degree is based on a straight average of all 8. Also it goes without saying that you should definitely choose Time Series (in Semester 1) and Coding & Cryptography (in Semester 2) as they are marks "in the bag" so to speak and will definitely pull up your average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

who teaches time series - marsh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

Appleby. Which means it's great craic. Watchin him jump from table to table handing out exams was definitely highlight of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lazybutlively

thanks for clearing that up mate

• Advertisement
Advertisement