Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Relief, Revenue

Options
  • 16-07-2008 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

Hope all is well, i just have a quick query on Mortgage Relief, I have recently taken on new mortgage and have been told by the Revenue that it will take 8 weeks to process my request for mortgage relief at source. I find this very unacceptable and wonder has anyone had this type of delay and how they went about speeding this process up. Revenue are no help giving um aw answers and have no answer as to whether I will be backdated. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Daze

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

They post date it dont they so there shouldnt be an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daisy1

Hiya,

Ya going by their website apparently they do, don't think the girl in Revenue wanted to give an answer...

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/faqs/trs_relief.htm

Cheers for the reply

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

daisy1 wrote: »
    Hiya,

Ya going by their website apparently they do, don't think the girl in Revenue wanted to give an answer...

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/faqs/trs_relief.htm

Cheers for the reply

It took them months to sort out mine (lots of issues that need to be sorted out before they could sort out my relief) but it was done and back dated so I think you'll be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Revenue are normally very helpful, despite the fact they don’t answer the phone in the afternoon. Many government departments don’t, probably so they can catch up with dossing administration.

Call back and ask to speak to an Executive Officer and they should be able to sort you out and might give you their direct phone number. I've found them very good :)

Advertisement