Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conch or Diath?

Options
  • 16-07-2008 1:08pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on going in and getting a piercing in my ear this weekend (providing I can convince my OH to come too :o) and, as the thread title suggests, I'm trying to decide whether or not to get a conch or a diath.

It's going in my right ear, and just having a look at my ear I'm not sure whether or not I've got enough room for the diath piercing (my ears are strange...see photo) and I don't want to get pierced only for it to grow out, which is what happened to the rook I had in that ear.

Basically I'm just looking to see if anyone's had any experience with either of these piercings, and could give me a rough idea of what to expect as regards healing time, anything funny that could go wrong that I should look out for etc. Also which one do you think looks better?

Cheers! :)

Conch or Diath? Which would you go for? 7 votes

Conch
    0% 0 votes
    Diath
    100% 7 votes
    Atari Jaguar (just because)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I have a rook piercing. Most akward piercing I've ever had to heal. Just take care when sleeping, thats when i was doing most damage, i would turn over in my sleep and wake up to find a very crusty, raw sore ear.

Best bet is to sleep between 2 pillows so its encourages you to stay on your back

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks Wilburt! That's a great idea with the pillows!

I had a rook piercing a few years ago, and it started growing out really badly til I ended up having to take it out. :( I found I caught it when I was brushing my hair once or twice which probably didn't help either. :o Funny story about the rook though, I went in to get a piercing in the rim of my ear at the top (don't know the technical name), but the girl gave me a rook!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

conch conch conch!!!

i have mine done and i love it. funnily enough, it was the least painful of my ear piercings and healed very quickly.

i think it looks great, the only off putting thing is the crunch when it goes through!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

conch conch conch!!!

i have mine done and i love it. funnily enough, it was the least painful of my ear piercings and healed very quickly.

i think it looks great, the only off putting thing is the crunch when it goes through!

It was my least painful too, and the rest are just lobe / rim.

I didn't hear any crunch, although I would have loved to, that would be cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 --pout--

the crunching is really strange sounding!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

conch conch conch!!!

Ah the crunch. I remember that lovely sound...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

You guys talking about a normal piercing on the conch or a dermal punch?
    I can't imagine why it would crunch unless it was a dermal punch...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Well I got the conch done in the end. Just your standard piercing, not a punch! Watched a vid of the punch on youtube, no way!!!:eek::eek:

I remember hearing a crunch alright, but I'm not sure if it was actually my ear, or the needle going into the cork behind my ear:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Warhammer

A conch would be better as it has less healing time.

Advertisement