Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Drogheda United -v- Levadia Talinn

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Pure Cork wrote: »
    Kuduzovic scores on his debut! Tap in followed up from a free kick.

Drogs 2 - 1 Levadia

Not actually his debut. He played against UCD a couple of weeks ago.

I think Faz looks a fantastic player, but he seemed to fade in and out of both games he's played for the Drogs. I'm hoping it's a fitness thing what with coming from Sligo and all. If he can keep us his form for 90 minutes then I think he can really do the business for us. Seems to link up well with Richie Baker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, because the visit of Depor really raised the profile, got loads of fans to start coming to games.
    What can I say; I'm young, naive and eternally optimistic...
    PDN wrote: »
    I think Faz looks a fantastic player, but he seemed to fade in and out of both games he's played for the Drogs. I'm hoping it's a fitness thing what with coming from Sligo and all.
    Sligo are full-time, aren't they?

djpbarry wrote: »
    Sligo are full-time, aren't they?

But they're culchies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I wont open new thread even this has nothing with this game,but i am just reading that also on yesterdays game between Linfield and Dinamo Zagreb were a lot of provocations between fans of 2 teams that even at one moment home fans was yelling Serbia,Serbia to provoke Croats,and on the other side croats was showing flags with sign of vatican to provoke other side,UEFA will see if they will punish both of teams but its more realiable that Linfield will be the onlyone punished "coz of bad organisation of the match"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They brought Vatican flags to Windsor? lol.

In news i read in our papers they said there were flag of Vatican that croats brought which pisses home audience so they started yelling Serbia,Serbia:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

In news i read in our papers they said there were flag of Vatican that croats brought which pisses home audience so they started yelling Serbia,Serbia:D

Good to see they did their homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Croatian fans brought a massive Irish flag with them when they played England as well.......LOL

Croatian fans brought a massive Irish flag with them when they played England as well.......LOL

Yeah i forgot to mention that too,they had irish flag with vatican one too

• Advertisement

To go back on thread , Esteban you were on this game last night,you supporting Drogheda or went just so?

To go back on thread , Esteban you were on this game last night,you supporting Drogheda or went just so?

He went to support the Irish team in european football, I think.

So that means he isnt specific fan of any irish team,but all of them:D

So that means he isnt specific fan of any irish team,but all of them:D

Kind of, yeah.

delija, what does your name mean?

Des wrote: »
    Kind of, yeah.

delija, what does your name mean?

It seems you never read my C.Zvezda thread.....

Fans of my clubs are named Delije(Plural) and one of them is Delija,Sever means North in serbian coz our cop is north bank of stadium

Irish teams I would never support in Europe:

Bray-My most hated team....period.

Shamrock Rovers-I think everyone bar their own fans hate them

Shelbourne-Because of their late 90's/early 21st century youth policy, and Mick Neville(is he still working there?)

So yeah I supported Drogheda last night. There was a lot of fans there of different clubs as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Bray-My most hated team....period

But why?

esteban dont be picky,its all irish dammit:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Shelbourne-Because of their late 90's/early 21st century youth policy, and Mick Neville(is he still working there?)

Mick left I think for some development position on one of the counties. I love the club but I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to the youth side of it, God I hate a lot of them there.

Just to clarify Santry Red maby Mick Neville is a nice guy, I can't remember, but back in the what I call the 'soccer dad' faze(the jack charlton generation) he got a lot of flack for his antics.

Yeah he was the one I really got along with, my own two managers though are another story. Anyways, in the past now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

PDN wrote: »
    But they're culchies.
    Better again; his fitness levels must be sky-high after training on a ploughed field for the last 2 years.

djpbarry wrote: »
    Better again; his fitness levels must be sky-high after training on a ploughed field for the last 2 years.

:)

If our stadium plans get mucked up by the NRA then he could find himself training (and playing) on a ploughed field again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

While i don't hate any team, per say, i do really dislike Rovers if only because some and i mean 'some' of there supporters think they are on a level above everyone else. My dad dislikes them because RTE's Phillip Greene used to constantly drool on and on about them in the 70s and 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Bray-My most hated team....period.

Haha no fear of them in europe for a while anyway!

This game's already started just to let people know. Nil all after twenty minutes.

Live commentary on the internet on RTE Radio 1 Extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

drogs team:

ewings
    byrne
    maher
    garto
    kendrick
    keegan
    hughes
    cahill
    baker
    Faz
    Zayed

presume its a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 formation

Just gone half time.

Nil all still. Levadia don't seem to be making too many chances.

Goal!:D

Gartland makes up for his mistake last week.

Tallinn seem to be falling to pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Good stuff! :)
    (Drogs fans, please tell Doolin to smile -- even on the radio -- if he wins).

SectionF wrote: »
    Good stuff! :)
    (Drogs fans, please tell Doolin to smile -- even on the radio -- if he wins).

I'd be happier if he just resigned instead of smiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well done Drogs, hone and away wins against their Estonian opponents .
    Apparently Zayed missed a sitter just before the end .

It's gonna be very tough for Drogheda to get anything from the next round but we can hope .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ireland's seeding already higher than the 1.000 of last season. No chance of them getting by Dynamo but they did their job with 2 wins.

****ng DELIGHTED.

Ok it was expected, but winning away in Europe is nothing to sniffed at no matter what the opposition. I listened eagerly on the radio, and was as nervous as hell. When Gartland scored I was over the moon...people on the beach were like 'what the ****' :D

Apparently with better finishing it could have looked easier, but the job was done, and Doolin got the tactics spot on.

Now come on lad you've been watching friendlies saying you 'cant wait for football to be back' well european football is on your doorstep next week so go and get Dalymount rocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭sitout

fair play( cork city will get to the group stages next year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

sitout wrote: »
    fair play( cork city will get to the group stages next year).

Cork City are the most likely of the LOI sides for an early exit this year . They've given themselves a tough task against Haka with the away goals and it would take a very good result for them to progress, they are capable of it though .

The Matthews European curse may continue though :eek:

Nothing to suggest they'll make the group stages of the UEFA CUP(they're not going to be in the Champions League) anymore next year than this year(before the 2-2 draw) . Who's to say they won't do it this year ?

Advertisement