Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppies Fighting?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

i'm seriously thinking of closing this thread, because only a handful of replies were helpful.
    the ones about neutering werent, the bitch isnt going to come into heat until October, thats plenty of time. Our vet said to wait until before that, thats what we will do. the puppies are 10 weeks old, that is far to young to neuter, they dont need to be neutered yet.

they will not be advertised in the Homes Wanted Forum becasue there is a rule about not advertising on Boards, and somewhere else, as its not fair on either side.

i came to this forum when i joined Boards, not too long ago, but there wasnt too much of a turnover of new posts, and none that i felt obliged to post into, i posted a little but knew i didnt want to settle in this area. i have kept an eye on it a couple of times, i've been here longer than Animalcrazy. but thats beside the point

Anymore posts about neutering will be ingored, if you would like to suggest a way to help them not fight, that would be appreciated,

Khannie, this is a club, dont ever think that it isnt! i'm just sorry that they didnt let me in like i'd hoped, all i wanted was a little bit of advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

I think the problem is that u only seem to listen and take heed of what u want to hear. For ur own sake and the sake of the doggies why cant u get the mum spayed, u think she mighten been due in heat till Oct but this isnt set in concrete. I know this isnt what ur post was about but we are only trying to help u. What are u going to do when mammy goes in heat and if u havent gave away the pups by then, face it they wont be 6 months till Nov, u will have more that 8 weeks old puppies fighting, u will have maybe up to 5 males is this what u want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Didnt i say i wanted her to be spayed, i never said that i wouldnt, i just said it would be hard for me to convince other people, i think the problem is that you cant see the problem i'm having!
    im only listening to what i want to hear because what you are telling me doesnt help me in the slightest.. i know you are trying to help, but my post wasnt titled "To spay or not to Spay", you all have gone seriously off topic... and are making me go off topic too.
    wheres the mod in all this...

seriously, i've been really disappointed here..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

Oh close it if you want. We may not be giving you advice on how to stop them fighting now but we are giving you advice that will save alot more fighting when you have all these males fighting over the bitch. Believe me, the fighting will be alot worse. Some of the people giving you advice here rescue dogs everyday and have seen and heard it all and know what's best. If you want to get her spayed then save or if you really want it get it done for your birthday, that's what I did. Are you young like under 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

mary123 wrote: »
    I think the problem is that u only seem to listen and take heed of what u want to hear. For ur own sake and the sake of the doggies why cant u get the mum spayed, u think she mighten been due in heat till Oct but this isnt set in concrete. I know this isnt what ur post was about but we are only trying to help u. What are u going to do when mammy goes in heat and if u havent gave away the pups by then, face it they wont be 6 months till Nov, u will have more that 8 weeks old puppies fighting, u will have maybe up to 5 males is this what u want.

Right now "mammy" is supposed to keep her pups in check, a fresh OP wound is not quite what she needs for that.

Waiting another month or two sounds like a good idea to me
    We may not be giving you advice on how to stop them fighting now

Possibly because "we" haven't any real advice to give?

@ Kat Cookie

As mentioned before, the youngsters mostly need adult dog supervision. Stop seperating them from the other dosg (and thus elevating them into a position far above their status), let the adult dogs do their job, but stay close by to step in in case things should get out of hand.

For training the pups, try to treat all of them as one (I know that is going to be difficult, but try anyway).

Too much one-on-one attention for individual pups could cause jelaousy/frustration with the others, which will then be taken out on the "favourite" when it returns to the group.

When you're playing with the pups, always play with the one that you invited to play and ignore the ones that jump the queue ...you decide, not the pups.

Keep the play sessions very short, they haven't yet got a long attention span.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Khannie wrote: »
    Totally irrelevant. It's not a club.
    I meant she might not have been aware of the homes wanted thread.

Advertisement