If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amp and Spearker combo?

Options
  • 16-07-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hello guys,
    Just a quick question.....If u had around 1700E to spend on an Amp and speaker combo what would you buy?
    Im leaning towards the Onkyo 875 except I dont realy like the look of it....amps form Yamaha and Denon look better to my eyes at least.
    I know Prosperous Dave recently bought the Onkyo so I would love to know what he thinks of it now it is set up and working?
    If Johnmc reads this post maybe he could reply with his opinion please?
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

well spending that kind of money, I'd definitely recommened you sit down and listen to a few different options.

Listing kit on paper is one thing, but personal choice is another. I wouldnt be a fan of the Onkyo amps either, so I'd also consider the pioneer/marantz ranges.

As for speakers, I think MA make some of the best stuff for around the prices you'll be looking at. I've the MA Silver series myself and think they are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

syboit wrote: »
    well spending that kind of money, I'd definitely recommened you sit down and listen to a few different options.

Listing kit on paper is one thing, but personal choice is another. I wouldnt be a fan of the Onkyo amps either, so I'd also consider the pioneer/marantz ranges.

As for speakers, I think MA make some of the best stuff for around the prices you'll be looking at. I've the MA Silver series myself and think they are excellent.

Thanks for your opinion syboit.
    I assume when you say MA you mean Monitor Audio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

rafared wrote: »
    Thanks for your opinion syboit.
    I assume when you say MA you mean Monitor Audio?

Yup. All got from RS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yea have to agree, when talking that type of cash you would really want to get it right and the best way would be going into the pros and hearing for yourself.

Maybe the boys in RS could make it worth your while to head on over to them? I know if I was parting with cash on that level I would spend a full day with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Yeah that makes sense its just getting the time to go. Ive just read about the new sony Amps and they look good.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.