Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Faction Wars

Options
  • 16-07-2008 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what FW is like and how newb friendly it is?

Started playing recently and have worked to a fairly basic tackler, would I be wasting my time or could I actually join in and not be a waste of space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

I've flown in FW fleets where people were in rookie ships and noone seemed to care. Most fleets are happy to let anyone join even if its just to get numbers up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

No one is more of a noob then maddzy, so he should know what he's talking about here. emot-iceburn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Funky wrote: »
    I was just wondering what FW is like and how newb friendly it is?

Started playing recently and have worked to a fairly basic tackler, would I be wasting my time or could I actually join in and not be a waste of space.

Well youll get killed a lot, but thats all part of the fun. Also, youll have to be patient as its hard to gather the numbers together to make a fleet, theres too many people typing 'zzzzzzzz' into fleet chat and people leaving when nothing happens for 5 mins. If you dont like getting killed you can join in with the complex running fleets, its perfect for noobs because it only accepts small ships through the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ive only seen the worst aspects of it in that my corp was in the Amarr Militia [RP]... small bands of desperate Amarr guerrillas fighting a desperate war of hit and run against the overwhelming legions of the Minmatar militia...[/RP] and Caldari Militia, which is loltastic for Xing up for random militia fleets - drunken FCs whose never seen a traffic control on a gate and who ask for advice on target calling from "someone who knows all the ships in EVE". Yeah, right.

Overall though it was fun, and I reckon its a good way to get noobs into PvP. Hopefully they dont pick up too many bad habits though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Sand wrote: »
    Ive only seen the worst aspects of it in that my corp was in the Amarr Militia [RP]... small bands of desperate Amarr guerrillas fighting a desperate war of hit and run against the overwhelming legions of the Minmatar militia...[/RP] and Caldari Militia, which is loltastic for Xing up for random militia fleets - drunken FCs whose never seen a traffic control on a gate and who ask for advice on target calling from "someone who knows all the ships in EVE". Yeah, right.

Overall though it was fun, and I reckon its a good way to get noobs into PvP. Hopefully they dont pick up too many bad habits though.

have a toon in the amarr militia also, has been quite fun dispite being outgunned and out numbered most of the time... the milita itself had at least 2 corps at war with each other upto 2 days ago, when they finally started workin together, we had the matari on the run from us.... now that was quite satisfying:D

with frigate ops youll generally get a good few newer playerslong as you can tackle, your generally welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Might be just me but I just ignored the whole cap complexes part of it. For me it was just pick up and play PvP with a wide variety of skills levels in gang and fought against. CS in space etc etc.

I still dont even know what this whole capping complexes is about. Are they defended by NPCs or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Damn de other side got a target caller dat knows all the ships! We're done for gentlemen! Lets call it a day! PS Amarr/Caldari suck. get out!

Go Gal/minnie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Had my first brief experience with it last night, was quite cool. I'm in the Caldari militia and was in a fleet ~90 or so big roaming round Tama mainly. One problem is lag when exiting warp, there any tricks to graphic settings etc to help that?

Annoying not being able to get my **** targeted and running before people warp out purely due to lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Funky wrote: »
    Had my first brief experience with it last night, was quite cool. I'm in the Caldari militia and was in a fleet ~90 or so big roaming round Tama mainly. One problem is lag when exiting warp, there any tricks to graphic settings etc to help that?

Annoying not being able to get my **** targeted and running before people warp out purely due to lag.

Brackets ftw is what I say, but that little jolt of lag coming out of warp into a big group of hostiles or just your own fleet happens, its more screen load than server side though. For huge fleet warfare there are various ways people use to improve their load time, such as turning all graphics and effects down/off, turn off damage messages (I don't like this one), turn off stuff like the blink from channels and eve mails, minimizing overview before landing in with all the hostiles and a few other i'm sure other people can mention. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I've been playing with the Gallente Militia for a few months now, there are some pretty decent FC's in the fleet, I've learned a lot more about PVP from faction warfare than I did with other crappy corps I've joined in the past. So I'd recommend it for a n00b player.

• Advertisement
Advertisement