Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Takeout in Ennis

• 16-07-2008 2:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭

Howdy

noticed a thread about a pizza joint in Lahinch so thought id see what people think is the best takeaway/delivery place in Ennis

Right
    Best delivery Chinese - Golden Mill
    Best Takeout - chips/burgers etc - prob Numero Uno's though no Snack boxes
    Best Pizza delivery - again i think Numero Uno's - see there is a new pizza joint in the Parnell St carpark - anyone tried this?
    Best Chinese - Ive always liked Fortune House in the market
    Best Chicken takeaway (snack boxes or whatever) - none really spring to mind - does anyone know of any good ones - normally the chicken is rank
    Best Burgers - ? this is tough, maybe Numero Unos again

I think Enzos has taken a nose-dive over the past no. of years and as for Friar Tucks

Anyone any opinions

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Good Thread

Best chinese delivery I think is Pearl City, I got a bad 1 from Golden Mill and that put me off to be honest.
    Takeout - Numero Uno's is great, there's susposed to be a new place by the courthouse that susposed to be lovely.
    Delivery - Numero Uno, although if they are doing a few deliverys you better hope your not last, there pizza isn't nice cold but it's FANTASTIC fresh.
    Chinese - I like Fortune House as well, although I do like the satay from Silver House.
    Chicken Take Away - Yvonnes in the Turnpike is usually good, but to be honest I don't normally go for take away chicken.
    Best Burgers - Real toughie, again I think I'd go for Yvonne's, Abra issusposed to do a new gourmet burger, havn't heard anything about it tho.

Enzo has gone down big time, it's more a franchise now, they used to be fantastic at everything they did (especially their battered sausage).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Nice thread man:)

Best delivery Chinese - Bamboo Gardens,Golden Mill

Best Takeout - chips/burgers etc - Yvonnes(in reality the whole town has gone 2 **** in this dept i reckon).This place can be alright sometimes

Best Pizza delivery - I'd go wit Golden pizza or Numero Uno(used 2 be way nicer years ago i was practically addicted 2 it)

Best Chinese - Has to be the SILVER HOUSE by a mile this place is delicious and i mean every dish there. There chicken satay is truly godsent and to really believe me you must try it out:D.Also there BBQ spare ribs are a must:D

Best Carvey - The Grove

Best Chicken Takeaway - Yvonnes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Enzos beside Ennis Electrical is the only Chipper that do Imperial Chips. all othe chippers do the pre frozen metric processed chips which are not nice. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Enzos has taken a dive big time which is very disappointing. They used to have the best chips anywhere. The last straw for me was when they put up the prices and reduced the portions.

I go to yvonnes alot as its handy for me and usually very good.

Deffo gonna try numero unos the next night, judging by the comments here im missing out on some good grub

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Get their Numero Uno pizza if you like hot pizzas, it is fantastic (trust me).

I remember when Enzo had a double burger and large chips that you just could not finish, the large chips could feed 2 people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Oh my god, did anybody eat in The Long Dock before it closed 6 months ago? Everything in there was just sex.. pizzas with loads of expensive cheeses and chorizos on them. No wonder it closed. Amazing chips, choice of loads of different batters for your fish. Brilliant chilli. They did pork chops and veg as takeaway. Everything was incredibly cheap considering it was more restaurant quality than typical takeaway. The place was always mobbed. I miss the damn place soooo much.

1. Pizza Ritz (by courthouse)
    2. Golden Pizza
    3. Numero Uno

Numero Uno used to be number 1 but they've been superceeded a few years ago. The bases are too soggy. The other two places use better quality toppings.

There's so many pizza places in town now the mind boggles. Tried the one in where Henry J's is. It's pretty much on par with Numero Unos. There's a pizza/kebab shop in the lane opposite Xtra Vision too. Again, about the same quality but nothing very different about it.

-Best Roll
    1. Food Emporium
    2. Cootes shop kilrush road
    3. Puccinos opposite Dunnes Stores.

-Best fryup
    The Food Emporium

-Best cornish pasty
    The cornish pasty shop.. now closed and badly missed.

-best lunch
    Food Heaven in the market.

-best Indian?
    The place next to the old ESB offices is the only one I've tried. Delicious. Has a bridgestone award. There are a couple of other ones in town though. Would be interested to hear how they compare.

I must try the Food Emporium for the fry up, I couldn't think of anywhere for a fry up anymore since Karney's closed, I miss the Banner Breakfast in Gracies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

The Numero uno pizza in their own place is best by a mile.

How much does a full irish cost in the food emporium??

I must admit that place is quality. His lasagnes are delicious along with the chicken goujons:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Numero Uno pizzas are class alright, going to order one now but their burgers and chips are mank! Golden pizza good as well, havn't tried the new place in Parnell street yet.

For daytime lunches, you can't beat Rogues in the market where Grace McCartneys pub used to be. Everything on the menu is quality and it's not too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

Ah, casey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Just tried the cod in the new chipper on woodquay, absolutely fab! I think its called papas pizza. Heard the bacon burger is great too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

where are the food emporium and numero uno?

Numero Uno is up by the Clare Champion office (by the Cathedral), the Food Emporium is near Clare FM on the Tesco side (by Cusack Park)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭Mont

maiden wrote: »
    Just tried the cod in the new chipper on woodquay, absolutely fab! I think its called papas pizza. Heard the bacon burger is great too

Nice one, anyone try the pizza yet ?

BTW what hrs do the Food Emporium do and is it open of a sunday - ive never been there and does it do takeout?

Not sure about the opening hours but yes it does takeouts

Advertisement