Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Spin, July 15th

Options
  • 16-07-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone up for the loop around Eniskerry-Glencree-Military Road? This is 45km for me, starting in Sandyford, ending in Ranelagh.

Would be happy to start from the M50 bridge on the Eniskerry road any time from 6pm onwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

i should be up for it, all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'd prefer a flat one heading Maynooth way if anyone prefers that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

I'd prefer a flat one heading Maynooth way if anyone prefers that?

Thats my commute home ... I can't make the spin as by thursday evening, my legs are in bits ...

But if you want to meet up somewhere, I will go with you along till Castleknock ... my usual route home is sandyford, goatstown, ranelagh road, along the canal, island bridge, phoenix park, castleknock, blanchardstown to Clonee

let me know if you want to meet somewhere on the south side at around 6PM and I can meet you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I am happy either way- how about this for a rough suggestion that follows short_circuit on his commute home and then loops around to Maynooth and back? (I can meet short_circuit in Sandyford but not much earlier than 6PM.) Fair bit of urban riding would be the only issue so am still on for Wicklow stuff either if that is preferred by many.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Racing again tomorrow night, so I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Im up for a cycle, don't mind where

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

would rather not go through traffic and traffic lights etc... if possible.

OK, I'm taking that as a vote for Wicklow from you then ken, it would be my preference too. Tiny- if we did a straight out and back along by Djouce Wood and Ballinastoe, turning back down the long hill before Roundwood, after the out of Eniskerry and up to Djouce climbs (which are short albeit steep) it is just rolling?

You don't have to change plans just for me mate!

If the consensus is Wicklow, I can always head on my own -but I'll see how the legs feel tomorrow

Well the more the merrier, I am easy, I'm near Wicklow in Sandyford but have to end up in Ranelagh so either works for me! Just want to figure out a route with a minimum of urban cycling if possible, the route we headed out of the park on Sunday could be a go-er if we had a good idea about a return route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I'll do flat if I am allowed. So a trip to Kilcock or Trim would be my fav.
    ( wow ... just noticed that ... Kilcock & Trim are nearby ... not a very friendly area to be if you're a man )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I'll do flat if I am allowed. So a trip to Kilcock or Trim would be my fav.
    ( wow ... just noticed that ... Kilcock & Trim are nearby ... not a very friendly area to be if you're a man )

that one sounds good to me. what route would you be talking about there? I'm based northside so it suits me better but i'll go with whatever the main group decide. About time i got out on a spin, managed one months back but been too busy since. the weekdays suit me much better (work a lot of weekends)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

I had hoped to make the spin tomorrow but I have to decline as I have been told I have a club competition on tomorrow night. Wont bore you lot its golf..

We could do out through Kilcock and back the Trim road but it's a longish cycle, around 90km starting and ending in the Phoenix Park (marginally easier for Caroline to peel off in Blanchardstown.) Phoenix Park - Kilcock - Trim - and back Turning back in Summerhill cuts it to around 70km.

blorg wrote: »
    We could do out through Kilcock and back the Trim road but it's a longish cycle, around 90km starting and ending in the Phoenix Park (marginally easier for Caroline to peel off in Blanchardstown.) Phoenix Park - Kilcock - Trim - and back Turning back in Summerhill cuts it to around 70km.

How nice :D but don't go out there just for me. Wherever you guys go, I'll follow. Need to see the physio at noon and I will be able to confirm afterwards, but i am sure i'll be ok for a nicey nicey spin :)

Don't worry about that, Tiny and a few others expressed a similar intention. OK- why don't we agree on heading out Maynooth-Kilcock-Summerhill way and we can see how we feel/what time it is when we get to Summerhill? Papal Cross in the Phoenix Park? Reckon I can make it there for 18:00 if I leave work early- is that OK for everyone (I know where it is now :D)?

18:00 yes sir!

Perfect for me. See yous there then -hurrah flat!

i'll be there for 18:00 too.

Don't worry about that, Tiny and a few others expressed a similar intention. OK- why don't we agree on heading out Maynooth-Kilcock-Summerhill way and we can see how we feel/what time it is when we get to Summerhill? Papal Cross in the Phoenix Park? Reckon I can make it there for 18:00 if I leave work early- is that OK for everyone (I know where it is now :D)?

Are you heading out from Sandyford, what time do you plan on heading out .. I could meet you at the lights near the Beacon .. I am not sure about the spin just yet. Will see later how the legs feel.

• Advertisement

Are you heading out from Sandyford, what time do you plan on heading out .. I could meet you at the lights near the Beacon .. I am not sure about the spin just yet. Will see later how the legs feel.
    Say 17:15 at the Beacon? You could come at least as far as Westmanstown/Leixlip environs and head up to Clonee from there (R149) if you felt like it- not much of a detour for you.

Say 17:15 at the Beacon? You could come at least as far as Westmanstown/Leixlip environs and head up to Clonee from there (R149) if you felt like it- not much of a detour for you.

I will meet you at the Beacon (near the entrance to the underground car park entrance, opposite the Centra) at 17:15. I would definitely up to go on to Westmanstown or perhaps upto Maynooth and coming back through Dunboyne.

I am ok to cycle tonight :) Woohoo!! the weather is supposed to get better this afternoon too.

latest_radar.gif

Good stuff! Physio give you the all clear?

Bambaata wrote: »
    Good stuff! Physio give you the all clear?

Yeah - All is good, just an inbalance in my posture, I put too much pressure on the right side of my body, weekend cycle was too much for me and my nerve was a bit touched. But i am ok :) Very common stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is departure @ 18:00 sharp?.

I've a million excuse's why I won't go for the spin, but I'm finishing work in the park around the six mark and wouldn't mind meeting up and putting some faces to names before heading for home.

Mairt wrote: »
    Is departure @ 18:00 sharp?.

I've a million excuse's why I won't go for the spin, but I'm finishing work in the park around the six mark and wouldn't mind meeting up and putting some faces to names before heading for home.

There will probably be a few minutes of chatting before heading out ... I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There will probably be a few minutes of chatting before heading out ... I guess.

I'll try shoot past anyhow, I'll be heading from Infirmary Rd.

where exactly is the meet? is it the car park beside ther papal cross here for 18:00:
    CarPark.jpg

?

• Advertisement

Yup, spot on

Advertisement